-five-

Again, Annabelle jolted awake, only this time the Dauntless woman and her computer were back.

"What that it?" Annabelle asked, thinking there would be more in order to find out the faction she belonged in.

"Yeah," The woman stated, "Its pretty obvious where you belong." She smiled at the girl, before typing into her computer.

"And where's that?" Annabelle asked, even though she already had a brief idea.

The woman smirked before saying "You got Dauntless,"

***

The Kennedy family all sat around their dining table, eating the dinner each of them had a hand in making.

"What did you get, Anna?" The youngest -eleven year old- Kennedy asked, her older sister.

"Quiet, Julie. You know she's not supposed to talk about it," Mr Kennedy scolded his youngest daughter.

"It doesn't matter anyway," Her mom added, "Whatever you choose Annabelle, we'll always love you,"

Annabelle couldn't help but feel guilty, despite her family being accepting. Deep down, she knew her parents knew she didn't belong in Abnegation. And deep down she knew her parents wouldn't judge her what so ever if she felt the need to leave.

Annabelle only nodded in response to her mother's statement, not wanting to, say, give away what she was thinking of doing the next morning. She understood the uncertainty of Tobias when he had to choose, she understood the situation he was in, however she also understood that his situation was much worse than hers due to Marcus Eaton being his father. Tobias was scared of what his father would do if he left, or if he disobeyed. Thankfully, Annabelle didn't have to worry about that, and it wasn't until she befriended Tobias she realised, she had been taking her family for granted as long as she could remember.

***

Tobias' and Annabelle's friendship was very new, and it was something Tobias was very weary about to begin with. Not wanting the younger girl to get hurt, or into trouble for hanging out with him. Annabelle also felt the same, not weary, but she didn't want Tobias getting hurt because of her. That's why, when sneaking into the Eaton house after the first time was the most careful the Abnegation girl had ever been. A selfless person would've stayed away from Tobias in fear he'd get hurt, Annabelle couldn't do that though. She knew he needed a friend and was determined to be that friend for him.

"Tell me about yourself," Annabelle said to the older boy, who furrowed his eyebrows.

"There's nothing to know," Tobias replied, shrugging his shoulders lightly.

"Oh come on, what do you enjoy?"

"Leisure is selfish," He began only to be cut off quite quickly.

"I know, but that doesn't stop me from having a crate of books under my bed, I stole from the Erudite library,"

"You stole from Erudite?"

"More like borrowing without the intention of returning," Tobias looked shocked at the younger girl, and Annabelle only stared at him in return. The pair erupted into laughter which quickly died down.

"I don't know what I enjoy," He spoke quietly as if ashamed, looking down at his crossed legs as he sat on his bed.

"Well I'm sure you'll figure it out soon," Annabelle responded, placing her hand carefully on Tobias' back to comfort him.