Chapter 44

Your thighs ache, you struggle to balance on your feet, and you could have sworn you were dozing off, but you keep yourself together.

You've waited for what seems like forever to eat. Mark finally gave you a break from basically breaking you apart. He's still upstairs, taking a shower while you, on the other hand, were focusing on scarfing down your food.

You felt relieved to fill your empty stomach after what felt like forever. You've cleaned your plate, crumbs and all and finish with a glass of water.

You suck in a breath and grip the glass in your hand when arms sneak around your waist. A small peck lands to the side of your neck and you jolt. "Morning, beautiful."

The voice sends a chill down your back. You clear your throat, huffing a "Morning."

"You okay?" He asks, rubbing at your tummy then patting it.

You frown. "No, I'm sore and tired."

He turns you around to place an apologetic kiss to your lips, knowing he was the blame for your state. You whimper and push him back when it slowly starts to deepen, but he only moves down to your jaw.

"Hell no, I'm mad at you right now." You pout, shrugging him off of you.

"Really?" He huffs. "You weren't mad at me last night when I was made you scream my name over and over and-"

"Mark Lee, I swear I'll murder you with this fork." You threatened when you feel the heat rise to your cheeks. He moves back, putting his hands up in defense with a grin.

"Okay, okay," He defends and leans back against the counter, watching as you move the pans to the sink to clean them. "I'm sorry."

He hugs you from behind when you don't give him any attention that he thought he deserves. You just roll your eyes and continue to scrub down the dishes.

His nose his in the crook of your neck. His breath tickles and you feel a shiver down your spine. "You know, I was thinking."

"Ooh, that's dangerous," You say and he giggles, rolling his eyes. "Okay, okay, continue."

"If our parents have been best friends since, I don't know, birth, don't you think we've probably met as kids?"

You shrug. "It's possible," You sigh, rinsing off another dish. "We could've"

"And just not remember each other?"

"I guess?" You question. "I mean, I don't live that far from here, so I guess out mothers wanted to stay close to each other."

Mark just agrees. "You have any plans today?"

You hum with a nod, rinsing your last dish then putting it away to dry. "Yep, hanging out with some friends."

"Is Yeri going to be there?" He trails off a bit.

You chuckle. "She's my friend, isn't she?"

He rolls his eyes which you don't seem to notice. "So, you're going to leave me here alone?"

"Um, Jisung is coming over later, I think." You say, unknowingly pointing to the door.