12; An Old Fashioned Notion

"Did you ever know that you're my hero
And everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings."

CINDY REACTS INSTINCTIVELY – she's been in explosions before, and her body knows exactly what to do. She flies forward, smacking into Tony. The ground ripples below her, and she feels her father  brace himself over her vulnerable, unprotected form.

When the vibrations stop, Tony is looking down at her with shocked, brown eyes. It's chaos, agents screaming and running. There's claxons and alarms shrieking, along with indistinguishable orders. The debris is so thick Cindy can't see Natasha, Steve or Thor, and they were standing close to her.

"Dad?" She coughs, squinting, gaping at the hole in the ceiling.

"Bambino, Cindy!" He smiles, holding her face in his rough hands. "You okay baby?" Cindy merely smirks before checking her fathers body for any injuries, "Good, that's good."

Cindy shakes her head as it rings, "We have to get to the engines," Cindy shouts over the commotion, grabbing his arm, "Come on, dad!"

Tony nods, face pale. They run down the corridor, dodging agents, Steve in his uniform and fallen framework, feet pounding the floors.

In the mist of the chaos she losses her father, squinting widely as she looks for an exit to the hanger only to find a large green face screaming in a deep, horrifying tone.

"Holy crap," Cindy gasps falling back, landing with a painful smack against a metal stairwell. The Hulk is yanking at the large metal beams separating his large body and her small one. Cindy looks around widely as she grunts, trying to crawl away. Then someone is suddenly colliding with the large green chest and they go flying back, smashing through other walls.

"Blondie." Cindy smirks as she makes eye contact with the god, she groans as she pulls her body up, certainly going to ache tomorrow. Her head aches from the blow to head, taking a deep breath she groans as pain explodes in her head, her hands . automatically flying to her head, trying to ease the agony raging between her ears.

Flashes of blue cross her vision, Cindy can only sky there in pain, her mouth dropping open as she gasps for air, head jerking to the side as the images continue to consume her mind.

The Tesseract.

A golden gauntlet.

Loki.

A Throne over looking the galaxies.

Dust.

When the images finally come to a stop, she barley manages to dodge an on coming fist sent her way. Quickly getting into her protective stance Cindy eyes her friend who stares at her with eary lifeless blue eye. "Clint?" She questions as he attempts to shoot the youngest Stark.