Learning To Love Him 34

*****

*Jayden*

I was feeling guilt weigh me down like I had an invisible truck tied around me everywhere I went, especially when Corey was close to me, which suddenly seemed constant.

That – added to the dread that feeling like my father was up to something and it somehow involved Mike – was just too much. My life felt more screwed up than it had in years and all I wanted to do was shut my eyes and never wake up so it could all just stop forever. To top it off, the bus's window wasn't opening and I was freaking suffocating!

"It's broken, let it go," Corey mumbled from beside me. I glanced at him. He was watching me struggle with a small smile on his face. I knew he would be able to open it if he wanted to, he just enjoyed watching me get annoyed. I frowned flopping down beside him.

"You're still an asshole," I stated.

"I can't change my personality for you." He replied. I frowned at him and he laughed.

I was confused but incredibly relieved when the bus came to a halt at a bus station and Corey and Sean made us all get up before ushering us out.

"Why are we getting off? I thought we were riding straight home." Izabella asked as she hopped off the bus.

"Finn lives here," Sean looked at Corey flatly.

"Seriously? We're stopping so Jayden can see a friend?" Kaden asked.

"Pretty much." I smiled as Corey said that before I smirked.

"What happened to 'don't make promises you can't keep'?" I asked remembering what he had said when I told Finn I would visit.

"Shut up, we can still get back on the bus and not see him," Corey warned. I just laughed at his empty threat which made him glare at me but it quickly faded into a smile.

"I'm beat!" Kaden groaned as he stretched and I realised that I was pretty tired too. I hadn't been sleeping much lately.

"You're always tired..." Trent mumbled before he and Corey exchanged glances and their jaws simultaneously dropped.

"You're pregnant?!" They both exclaimed at Kaden. We were all silent as Kaden stared at them in disbelieving confusion like he thought they were insane... I wasn't going to argue that they were not. They were both pretty messed up, or at least Corey was, and birds of a feather flock together, right?

"What the fuck...?" Was all that Kaden could seemingly make out as a response to them.

"Moody too," Corey said to Trent.

"Fuck you!" Kaden snapped raising his voice.

"Kaden, control your anger or you'll hurt the baby." Trent continued. I watched as Kaden clenched his jaw in frustration and considered linking to Corey and telling him to be quiet because Kaden rarely showcased his frustration like that unless he was about to burst in anger, but Adan spoke before I could.

"Calm down, Kid. They're like that." Adan grabbed Kaden's shoulders to prevent him from trying to attack Trent and Corey while shooting a glare at the pair, "Let's get to the house." He added steering Kaden away from them and towards the bus station's exit as the pair laughed. I finally understood why they were friends. Weirdos.

-----

"Stay close." I sighed.

I was getting annoyed again, Corey's constant checking up on me was irritating enough. I didn't need Kaden to do it too, especially when we were surrounded by Hayley, Trent, Corey and Izabella as well.