Chapter 15

The sun has risen as I woke up and sat up from the bed. There I stretch my back and arms and step out of bed while the door open. Lin appear along with a timid young girl behind her.

"Good morning, my lady." welcomed Lin and I just nodded my head in exhaustion.

"My lady, this is your new personal maid along with me" said Lin and introduce the young lady.

"Hello," I smile at the young lady and she smile back at me.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"My name is Mei Mei" she said timid.

"Nice to meet you, you can call me Liling instead of my lady as I had tried with Lin" I said looking at Lin as I told her many times to call me by Liling informal, but she refuse to and continue to call me lady Liling or my lady.

"I couldn't as well" she said with her head constantly looking down.

"You don't have to be afraid" I said rest assuring her.

"My lady, remember today you are going on a morning stroll with Consort Qingyuan" Lin reminded me.

Oh, yeah. Can I not go.
As I contain my whining.

They both soon prepare me for the day as I also finished eating and was heading towards Consort Qingyuan's court. We soon reach there to find them waiting for me. Once I reach them, I prepare myself.
Time for the nice fake act.
I did a nice humble smile.

"My apologize for taking so long that made you all wait for me," I continue to play along.

They all looked at me with a unpleasant and disgust expression as I let them lead the way while Lin and Mei Mei were behind me. We stroll around the palace and soon into the 4th Prince's court where he had a tiny bridge, across a pond, but was big even to fit all of us, and also have a gazebo covering us along with his entire court's floor to be cover in stone.
There was no one around but only the consort, the other concubines, their personal maid, and us. They stop in the middle of the bridge as we were all clustered together. Then one of their maids, that I didn't even know was behind me, Lin, and Mei Mei, had appeared and shove her way between us in a pushing motion as if she was trying to reach her Lady, which seem like a trick to me. As she was shoveling her way, she made me, Lin, and Mei Mei unbalanced in the tight crowd. I tried to regain my balance and saw Mei Mei bump into Consort Qingyuan as she lose her balance and fall off the bridge; it happened so fast that either one of us could not save her in time.

*Splash*
As Mei Mei's body plunge into the pond and swallowed her whole.

"MEI MEI" I shout and hurry to save her.

"Guards!" shout Lin. The guard was one step ahead of me and already jump in to save her.
They pull her out and Lin and I rush down the bridge as the rest followed. The 4th Prince came out of his room due all the commotion. They lay her down on the stone floor as I knee beside of her.

"What's going on?" ask the 4th Prince as he reach us while they all gather around.

"Your highness, one of Concubine Liling personal maids had fallen in the pond after trying to push Consort Qingyuan in there." said one of the concubine as Consort Qingyuan act afraid and quiet.

These-. . . people. . . . how dare they. They must of plan this!
I raging in anger.

"Mei Mei" said Lin and was trying to wake her. I snap back and see Mei Mei laying there unconscious.

Oh, no!
I thought quickly.

"Call the doctor!" I order a guard and he hurried off.

"Clear back" I order everyone, but they looked a me blankly.

"I said back up!" I said sharply like knifes as they all step back and even Lin got up and back up.

I lean in my ear to her face to see if she was breathing, but there were no sign of breathing. I pulled my sleeves up and lay both of my hands at the end of her breastbone; I began to compression her chest.

"1. . . 2. . . 3. . . 4. . . 5. . . . . .." I began to count until I reached 30 compression.

I stop to see any breathing, but still no sign of changes. I then lean towards her face and open her mouth, I breath in her mouth and continue to do 30 more chest compression.

"1. . . 2. . . 3. . .." Then Mei Mei shot up as I held her while she cough up water.

"Are you okay?" I said and she slowly regain conscious and nodded her head.

"Take her to a room to rest as the doctor comes to checks on her" I order another guard and he quickly help Mei Mei.

Lin help me up as I was a little damp due to Mei Mei's wet clothes. I stare at everyone who was looking at me blankly expect for the 4th prince as if he was observing every moves I had done.

"Excuse me, I will like to change into dryer clothes" I took my leave and gave those evil ladies an unkind stare.

I will surely get them back for what they did.
I clench my fist.