Chapter 17

Once I reach Consort Qingyuan's court, there I see the 3 other concubines along with the 4th Prince here with Consort Qingyuan.
Perfect.
As my eyebrow went up and down with my mouth smirking.

"Ah, you all are here." I act nicely like a doll as they turn their attention towards me.
"You all just want something soothing to drink after all that happen today," I said and brought out the tray of tea.
I then hand the tray to Lin while I began to pour into each cup to see the dirt sinking to the bottom. I handed it out to each person, but they all looked at me. "Believe me, it's the best refreshing tea ever," I over exaggerate.

They looked at it and then to me. "Come on," I reply as they finally lift it up toward their lips.
"It has. . . green tea with died up rose petals and lastly the water is. . . . from. . . the pond," I started off sarcastic and dramatic then ended deadly.
Once I release the last word, they all spit out everything and saw the bottom of the teacup cover in the dirt; all the women were screaming wildly, except for the 4th prince, he wiping his mouth in disgust. He straight up stares at me deadly, but I lift my chin up and turn away as if I did not see it.

"Oh my, what's the matter." I continue to act. "Is it something wrong with the tea?" I spoke as I open the lid of the tea.
"Oh my, I must have forgotten to drain out the water first. My apologies," I bowed humbly and hid my smirk."I will go back and make a new one." I said and make it look like I was ready to go to make a new one.

"Don't. Just go." said the 4th prince sharply.

"Your- highness. . . .." I pretend to be shock and heartbroken, but his eyes send out death glares, "yes," I said sadly and walk away with Lin.

Once I was out of sight, a smirk appeared on my face.
Ha, got them!
I dust my hands off.
"Lin, high five!" I said and raise my hand up, but she just gave me a confused look. "Like this," I said and taught her by grabbing one of her hand and hit it against mines.

I was so happy that I was about scream in joy and want to dance, but I had to hold it until I reach my court. I finally arrive in my court and enter my room, then I excuse Lin to head back and also to check on Mei Mei. Once Lin has shut the doors, I broke into a dance with my hands in the air. "YES" I was cheering and also laughing to death.
I'm so happy that I could literally sleep in peace without having any backaches!
As I was laying in bed happy.

The sun had risen up for the new day and I woke up bright and early with no backaches or sore neck; I slept so peacefully last night that I could've slept all day.
Then Lin enter my room, "Good morning, Mei Mei is recovering quickly." Lin reported to me.

"That's good to hear" I said and got up. There Lin prepare me for the day, but today she was preparing me awful special. "Lin, why are you preparing me so different today?" I ask.

"My lady, have you forgot about today. You, the other concubine, Consort Qingyuan, and the 4th prince are going the temple today," said Lin.

"Wait, what?" I said confuse.
I don't want to go with them. They are going to create drama.
I exhale deeply and sat down for breakfast.

"Come now. They are waiting for you, my lady." said Lin after I finished.

"Fine," I said and walk to the door.

We arrive at the main gates to see they waiting on me as I roll my eyes.
I clear my throat, "Greeting all" I said and bow my head to show my respect.

As they just stare at me in anger from the prank I did last night.
I guess they all woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
I chuckled in my mind and slightly cover my mouth.

"Alright, let's head out." said the 4th prince in an icy voice without paying no attention to me.

They enter into cartage as I was the last one, but once I step in the cartage I see all the concubine making no room for me to sit.
Oh, I see how it is.
I looked at them despicable.

"Well, your highness there's no room for me. I shall stay back while the rest of you go without me." I reply humbly.

"Well, I guess you have to walk there." he said rudely as the concubines and Consort cover their mouths and mock me.

My forehead crinkled as I held my anger. "Well, I guess you right. It's better off walking there, then being in here with this unpleasant smell." I reply as I was clenching my teeth. I then backed out from the cartage's entrance before they realize what I just said.

As I jump off the cartage and dust my hands while I began to hear mumbles inside the cartage, "How dare she". There the window of cartage's cloth was push open and the 4th Prince's face showed.
"Due to your act, I expect you to start off later than us and be there at the same time we arrive at the temple." he said sharply.

I shrug it off and answer in an aloof attitude, " Fine with me".

Soon they trail off along with Lin and leaving me behind with a simple guard on a horse. There I stand in front of the main gates and start to stretch my arms and legs. The guard up on the horse looks at me weirdly.
"What are you doing?" he question.

"What does it look like. I'm stretching before I start running. I don't want to tear my muscle." I reply and finish the stretching.

There I start off at a slow pace jog after the far brown cartage. I breathe in a slow steady exhale as it soon became a rough and short exhale, while sweat was dripping down my face and I continue to wipe them away. The guard rolled along beside me while I was panting to death. I then stop as he stops as well, I was breathing deeply with my hands on my hips.