Chapter 19

Air enters my lungs as I cough up water; my eyes slowly saw the light and a dark figure hovering over me. Soon my eyes re-adjust to the light and I saw clearly that I was laying on the ground with everyone surrounding me as the 4th prince was the one who was hovering over me. The next thing I noticed was his hands were on my breast and not long enough, it soon clicks to me of what just happened.

*Slap*
As a red handprint was on the 4th prince's right cheek.
He took my first kiss ever!.

"You should of let me die than being kissed by you!" I bark and trying to get up. He tried to help me, but I refused.

Lin quickly help me on my feet and there I stare deeply at those evil women standing like they didn't do anything to me, but Lin hurried to take me away from them.

Once I reach my court, Lin lay me down on the bed and went to get the doctor while I close my eyes. Soon I felt someone touching my wrist, I slight open my eyes to see a mid-age man in white as he was listening to my pulse.
"Okay, give this medicine to her for a week and she will be fine," he said to Lin and gave her a package of medicine.

"And you. You must rest a lot to recover quickly" he spoke to me as I nod and soon he left my room.

"My lady, please rest now," said Lin and tuck me in while my eyes' lids shut.

Hours pass by, I woke up to find myself all alone in the dim room as night has arrived. I slowly sat up and got out bed to walk towards the window; I hooked it and open the window. I then sat down and look up at the moon.
Mom. . . dad. . . .... I'm fine. . ..
As the image of my parents crying reappear over and over in my brain. I close my eyes to stop myself from crying as I lean against the wall. Then I reopen my eyes and stare at the lonely moon until my eyes slowly rest.

A few minutes later in the dim room, I felt an icy touch against my cheek as I slightly open my eyes to find a blurry figure against the dim lighting.
A soft yet icy voice spoke " you are dreaming. ." as my drowsiness comes over me.

The next thing I knew was this bright light shining against my eyes. I tried to move my body away from the light, but my entire body ached in pain. I groan as I woke up to find my body tingling in pain while I started to massage myself to get my body up. Then I realized a red blanket was on my lap.
Huh? This wasn't here last night? Did Lin put this on me?

"My lady, why are you on the floor?" Lin said once she enters the room.

"Lin, did you came to the room last night?" I asked.

"No, my lady. I did not come to your room last night. After you fell asleep, I went to check on Mei Mei" she said.

Then. . . was I dreaming?
I quickly thought back as I could only recall that blurry person.
Ugh. . . was someone here or was I imagining things?
I place my right hand on my head as I was questioning myself.

"Alright, my lady, don't think too much or your head will hurt," Lin said and help me to my bed. Before she tucks me in, she hands me a bowl of medicine as I quickly gulp down that nasty medicine with my face crumple up.

"Now rest," said Lin softly.

"*Sigh* Fine. Wait, how's Mei Mei?" I said before Lin left.

"She is all better and healthy. Tomorrow she will be coming here," said Lin and left.

Once my body settles, my drowsiness wash over and I drift off to sleep.
Next thing I know, I woke up for noise from outside of my window. I grudgingly got up from the bed and walk towards the window; however, once I touch the cold metal hook of the window, the door open.
"My lady, why are you up? You have to rest." Lin mothered me.

"I was. . .." I said trailing off and looking at the window.

Then a knock comes from the door as both our attention look at the door.
"Yes," I said.

"Hello, it's the 2nd prince," said a male voice.

"Come in" I reply. The doors open and there step forward a tall young man with a sweet smile.
"Greetings, 2nd Prince. What brings you here?" I ask.

"Well, I heard that you fell into a pond and was ill," he said genuinely worried.

"Well, come and sit," I said to him. "Lin, can you bring some tea over?" I sat down while Lin left to receive the tea.
"And to answer your question. I am doing well." I said continuing the conversation.

"That good and here is some medicine for you to recover quickly" he held me a small bottle of medicine.

"Thank you," I said politely. Once Lin arrives back with a tray of tea, she set it down and pour us a cup of tea. I pick up one of the teacups and raise it to my lips.
"How are you, your . . . highness" I had a hard time being formal.

"I am also doing well," he replies.

"Sorry, but may I call by your name instead of your highness's formal name. I would like to think you as a friend or even acquaintances then being in this hierarchy. I apologize in advance if this request is an offense to you" I said as if a burden was lifted off. He listens at first, but soon a soft smile appears.

"I will also like that, Liling," he said as if we were on the same level.

"I truly appreciate it, Ying Yan," I said joyfully while I praise him.

"May I ask what do you do on your daily bases and your free time?" I chatted as if we became friends.

He clears his throat as if he was not use to these situations, yet he seems to enjoy it. "Well, I just do my daily work and in my free time, I would like to read poetry and may even write some," he finished.

"That's cool. What kind of poetry?" I said causal. "I like to write some as well, but mines are free verse though," I said.

"Free verse?" he said, tilling his head.

"Like writing whatever comes to mind even if it doesn't rhyme, " I said.

"May I request an example" he requested.