Chapter Fourteen - We Are One

Chapter Fourteen

"Hope? The second time in a week..." Hope hears her father's voice through the speaker of her phone. Hope rolls her eyes, she had just spoken to him last night but so much had changed since then that it felt like she hadn't spoken to him in a long time.

"Really dad?" Hope says, she rolls her eyes at her father's amusement. He can be a smart ass sometimes.

"Sorry" He replies. "I just miss you"

"well good news, actually bad news" Hope let's out a deep breath. "It looks like you are going to have to come and visit... your crazy red head ex is trying to kill all of my friends" Hope pauses. "No she did kill one of my friends, good thing she had my blood in her system" She continues. Klaus who is still in New Orleans feels himself fill with dread, how did Aurora wake up?

"Aurora" Klaus growls. "I'm on my way and I'm bringing Marcel to bite her"

"Bring Aunt Freya too, we don't know if she is alone or not and we could use all the help we can get. If what you said was true about crazy pants then we are in trouble" Hope states. "And I also miss you guys"

*

Hope made her way through the school and bumped into Josie. "Hey, how's everything going?" Hope asks. Josie looks around at all the witches running through the halls and then back at Hope.

"Honestly, we could use your help... the protection barrier is up but we aren't sure if it's strong enough" Josie explains. Hope nods and places her hand on the nearest wall and she mutters a spell, once she is finished the school shakes slightly. "What was that?"

"I just put a spell around the barrier that will burn any vampire that tries to pass through it" Hope explains.

"Will that kill her?"

"Only if she's stupid enough to keep touching it after she gets slightly burnt" Hope says with a smirk. "We might get lucky". Josie can't help but laugh at this which causes Hope to place a kiss on her cheek. "My dad's coming, he'll be here in a couple of hours or so"

"Good, Hopefully this will all be finished soon"

"You never told me how she kidnapped you" Hope says. Josie frowns and takes Hope's hand and pulls her into a classroom.

"Don't be mad at Lizzie but her and I had a fight in class and I walked out, I wanted to go to the mill just to clear my head and think about how I was going to go about forgiving my sister. Aurora captured me while I was walking there, She had a gun pointed at me and I just started carving messages into my arm after a while. I figured it might work" Josie explains. "She told me that she was going to turn me, so that you can't mark me... what does that mean? Why wouldn't you be able to mark me if I get turned into a vampire?"

"Because werewolf bites are fatal to vampires, it's the perfect loophole out of an imprint" Hope says with a nervous laugh. She shakes her head slightly. "I mean if you don't want to be imprinted on then at least you know you have a way out of it"

"And why would I want a way out?" Josie asks. She places her hand on Hope's cheek and looks in her eyes. "I don't want to be a vampire, I want to be like you" She says before leaning in to kiss her, She stops at Hope's lips. "Mark me and I will forever be yours" Hope takes a step back and Josie looks at her confused.

"Why do you want me to mark you? Is it because you'll get some sort of power from it?" Hope asks, offended. Josie looks shocked, she was only trying to sound 'sexy' but instead she just sounded like she was using her girlfriend for power.

"No, I'm sorry I didn't mean to say it like that. Honestly Hope... I want you to mark me because you are my soulmate, because I feel so attached to you... I use to always want to go to Penelope about my problems but now the only person I want to go to when I'm happy, sad, angry or even disappointed is you. Hope, you feel like home to me and I want to feel closer to you" Josie says, Hope's expression softens at her words. Josie looks up into Hope's eyes and takes a deep breath in. "I want you to mark me because I love you"

Hope's eyes widen in shock. Josie goes to say something else but Hope cuts her off by kissing her. "I Love You too, sorry I just really wanted to say it first" Hope says with a blush on her cheeks. "And I will mark you just not yet, I don't want to hurt you"

"It will be worth it, everyone will know I'm yours" Josie replies. Hope puts her head in the crook of Josie's neck. "And I still have Aurora's blood in my system so if you don't do it and I actually die and turn then you will never be able to do it." Josie continues. Hope is convinced, she wants Josie to be hers forever so without warning she sinks her werewolf teeth into Josie's neck. Josie covers her mouth because she wants to scream but she knows if she does then Hope will feel bad about doing it. Hope pulls away from Josie's neck and looks in her eyes, Josie's eyes appear a yellow colour.

"It worked" Hope says softly, she watches the bite mark heal but it is replaced with something else, it looks like a birthmark. Hope places her hand on Josie's leg and she can feel something different when touching her, she sees her hand glow orange and she pulls away from Josie quickly. "I'm sorry"

"You got my power too" Josie sees with a smile. "We are One now"'