Chapter 21

"I want a fish, green onions, yellow onions, and cilantro for tomorrow." I said.

"Yes, my lady," said Lin and she hurried out as Mei Mei stay behind.

"My lady, why don't you rest over there" request Mei Mei.

"I guess" I reply and walk towards the gazebo.

Mei Mei soon heads out to grab a set of tea. Once she returns, she set down a cup of tea for me as I was still thinking about what to do with Consort.
What to do!
I was getting frustrated, then out of nowhere, a grasshopper jump onto the table and Mei Mei began to shriek in fear; I stare at the small green insect and an idea come to mind as a smile appears on my face. Mei Mei soon calm down and tried to scare the insect away, but I stop her.
I stood there in silence and slowly raise my left hand towards the tiny grasshopper. Then I pounce on the grasshopper, but I miss and the grasshopper leaps off the table. I quickly hurry after it.
Mei Mei spoke to me, "My lady what are you doing?" as she was chase after me.

The entire day, I was chasing and pouncing after that tiny grasshopper. We soon pass Consort's court and I hustle to chase after the grasshopper; however, the grasshopper was too quick for me. As my eyes did not lose sight of the green grasshopper while it was still hopping away until we were in someone's court.
Finally, I was close enough to the grasshopper and I swung my hand down, but it dodges right pass my hand and up the stairs, which leads to a room. I quietly step up the stairs with the grasshopper sitting on top of the stairs as if it was mocking me. I soon prepare myself by lowing my body and getting into position to pounce, then I leap into the air with my hands ready to catch it. *Bam* As my body hit against the solid stairs and I groan in pain laying on the stair in an uncomfortable position.
"My lady, are you alright?" Mei Mei shriek and hurry to help me up.

Once I got up to find the grasshopper was no longer in sight as I knew I had startled the grasshopper and it went inside the room. I was on my feet and slowly open the door to see an empty room with a table that has paper, an inkstone, and a brush.
I'm guessing this is someone's workroom?
As I scan the area to spot the grasshopper sitting by the table's leg.
Ha, I found you!
I once again pounce at it and this time I finally caught it.

"YES!" I scream in enjoyment.
Man, this bug took all day to catch.
I exhale in exhaustion with the grasshopper in my hand, tightly shut.

"My lady, what are you planning to do with that grasshopper?" question Mei Mei, but I just smile.

Then the doors shot open and both of us were startled.
"What do I have here? A beautiful young lady" said a creepy voice.

There I see a tall young man with a playboy smirk and his eyes gleaming in the light.
"May I ask why are you here?" he tease as it clicks that this is his workroom.

"My apologize, 3rd prince. I was trying to get rid of this grasshopper that hops into your place." I said and raising my hands to show him the grasshopper, but he just stands there looking at me in a lustful way, which made the situation feel disgusting and uncomfortable.
"Umm, please excuse us while we get rid of this grasshopper for you," I said trying any possible way to get out of there.

However, he caught my sleeve and stop me from leaving.
"I didn't allow you to leave yet," he said seriously.

"Well, I'm sure you don't want me to be in your way," I said grudgingly.

"Come and join me with a cup of tea" he offered.

"That would be lovely, but I should be heading back now." I decline his offer and smile at him uncomfortably.

Soon, he seems to be amused by me and sat down as he pours himself a cup of tea. Then at that moment, I heard Lin screaming for me.
"LIN, in here!" I quickly yell.
"My lady, it's time for your medicine." Lin reach us. "Let's head back," Lin said as Lin save the day.
Thank goodness.
I felt so relieved.

"Oh, greeting your highness." Lin bow her head to the 3rd Prince.

"My apologies, your highness. But it's time for me to drink my medicine," I said and hurry Lin and Mei Mei out of the room.
"Farewell, 3rd Prince," I said short and quick.
"*Sigh* Thank you, Lin. For coming just at the right moment," I sincerely thank her.

We arrive back at my court with the grasshopper still in my hands.
"Can one of you bring me a grasshopper cage?" I ask as Mei Mei left.

I sat there waiting for her to arrive back as she returns with a tiny wooden cage. I then set the grasshopper in the cage and wash my hand to receive a cup of medicine. Once I finish it, I set it down and was ready to give Consort Qingyuan my gratitude for pushing me into the water. As I make my way to her court with something in my left hand.
I arrive there to find the 4th prince alone with her, sitting and drinking tea.
I'm guessing he will be spending the night with his wife again and maybe there's going to be babies soon.
I laugh irony.

"Greetings Consort Qingyuan and 4th Prince," I said and bow my head to them.

"What brings you here?" Consort Qingyuan said sharply, but I just smile.

"I came here to give you my gratitude for helping me when I had fallen in the pond," I said humbly.

She looks at me suspiciously and got up for her seat. Once we stood face to face.
"Here's a token of my gratitude for calling help." I said and use my right hand to grab her hand. Then I set my left hand on her palm and slowly release my fist as the token was against her skin, but I quickly close her hand.

"Thank you once again," I said and smile.

She then opens her hands to see an ugly green grasshopper staring at her with its big brown eyes as she flips out and drops the grasshopper- there it hops away.