Chapter 22

"Consort, why did you let the grasshopper go. It's supposed to bring you good luck" I said sarcastically while I hid my smile.

"How dare you!" she rage.

"What do you mean I gave you this to bring you good luck. Why are you treating this badly?"
I said innocently.

At the moment, she forgot that the 4th Prince was still behind her as she quickly changes her face and attitude.

"I- I mean how thoughtful of you," she said as I saw her clenching her teeth together.
"But I felt so bad for trapping it and that's why I let it go,'' she said and trying to hold in her anger as the 4th prince step in.

"Wow, Consort Qingyuan has such as big heart" I supposedly compliment her.
"Well, I should leave two alone" I smile and excused myself, but he stares at me with those sharp icy eyes while my spin shudder, I quickly turn and left.
Geez, he keeps giving me such a weird vibe, but at least I got her back. Ha haha.
As I was laughing inside my head with a smirk had appeared on my face.

I finally arrive back and saw the open tiny wooden cage on the table as I sit down and a smile appear on my face. Then the doors open as a tall and lean man with light green robe enter.
What is he doing here? Wait- wasn't- he. . . ..
As I was lost of words and confused.

"What are you doing here?" I said sharply. "Why aren't you with Consort Qingyuan?" I question.

He didn't say anything as he walks towards me and sat down. There he grabs the tiny wooden cage in his hands.

"You truly have tricks up your sleeve...," he said while he was playing with the tiny cage.

"Why might you say that," I said sarcastic and he stops playing with the tiny cage and set the tiny cage down on the table as he got up and headed towards the door.
"I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeves," he said and he left the room while cool air came in and press against my skin. I sat there in silence as moment pass by and soon I headed to bed.

The next morning, the sunrise as I was up early by the side of the gazebo, somewhat close to the pond. There a wooden bucket filled with water and a fish while I was by a set of a cutting board and a knife. I was crouching down as I reach in the bucket and tried to catch the fish. It took me a while as it was splashing and squirmy around and I was also startled by it. I lay it down on the wooden cutting board as I grab hold of the fish while my other hand I had the knife. Once I was going to begin, I already have told Mei Mei to wash all the vegetable and set the kitchen for me to cook when I finished killing the fish. . .
Okay, you got this. Just hit it to make it faint then cut it open and clean it.
As I breathing in and out rapidly while sweat was dripping down from my face.

"My lady, do you want me to do it?" ask Lin as she crouches beside me.

"No, it's okay. I got this," I rest assure myself as I took a deep breath. I shrugged off the feeling.

"Okay, 1...2...3!" I said as I hit the fish with the back of the knife.

Once the fish fainted, I then cut it open from the stomach and clean its guts. After I finish cleaning out all its guts, I then began to scrape off the scales with the knife.

I finish cleaning all the scales off the fish as I cut off the head. Then I use the knife to cut between the meat and bone as I slid the knife towards the tail. At the moment, I pick it up to flip it over to slice the other side.

"Owww!" I did a short cry as I got pierce in my pointer finger by a sharp fishbone.

"My lady, are you okay?" concern Lin.