Chapter 26

I was in complete shock and not letting my eyes off of him as he finally notices me and smile. Then I hear an obnoxious interruption as someone was clearing their throat which I snap back to reality. I soon look at the person who was supposedly clearing their throat while he glares at me. What's his deal? I gave him the confused look and quickly paid no attention to him.
There I notice the 2nd, 1st, and 5th prince sitting the opposite from me and they all smile at me which made a smile appear on my face, but then out of nowhere someone abruptly sat right beside me. I turn my head to see a boyish smile in front of my face.
I grit my teeth and pull a smile, "Greetings, 3rd Prince," I said.

"Greeting to you as well," he responds and stares at me which gave me an uncomfortable feeling.

However, the ceremony soon began and I draw my attention to a group of ladies in colorful clothes and carrying fans that were entering in with a stunning woman was leading the group, but then I notice the 1st prince glaze at the stunning women with a sense of attraction in his eye. As the music played, they began to dance in elegant steps.

Wow, they're dancers.
I sat up in my seat and watch them move their feet and swaying their hands in motion. I felt my eyes glue to them, but I gaze a glance at the 1st Prince to see him only looking at her without blinking.
Ooh, he must like her.

Soon the dance was finish and the ladies bowed and left. After that, some people gave gifts to the emperor for his birthday present. Once the ceremony ended, the 4th Prince and the others got up, leaving me behind as I was still sitting.
Wow, rude. It okay, I didn't want to walk with you guys anyway!

"Do you want me to walk with you instead" a creepy voice appeared beside me as I forgot he was there.

"Oh that won't be necessary, " I refuse his request and quickly got up.

I walk away from him and leaving him alone without looking back, but then I bump into someone. "Sorry," I said, looking up to see the 1st Prince.

"Oh, hello Concubine Liling," he said and smiling genuine, but then he was slipping glances at something. I move my head to see what he was looking at and there I see that dancer lady disappearing once she turns the corner.

"So, it seems like this prince has a crush on that dancer and why might her name be?" I tease him and nudge playfully. He cleared his throat and stand up straight.
"I don't know what you mean?" he said and tried to hide it.

"Stop denying it," I tease him once more.

As he finally gave up, "Is it that noticeable," he said and sigh in defeat.

"So what's her name?" I ask.

"Her name is Liulang," he said shyly.

"So what's stopping you from telling her? Huh," I said and continue to nudge him.

At that moment, someone came between us from the back and clear their throat very loudly as we both stop and turn our heads toward that direction. There the 4th Prince stand impatiently.

"Greeting 4th Prince," said the 1st Prince and the 4th Prince just nod his head while giving me that look as it clicks to me.

oops, sorry.
I rolled my eyes.
"My apologies, I was greeting the 1st Prince and forgot to inform you all to leave without me," I said, supposedly apologize to the 4th Prince.

"Farewell, 1st Prince," I said my goodbye and follow the 4th Prince. Once the 4th Prince turns his back and was leading the way.

I quickly look at the 1st prince serious, "I still want more information" I said firmly. The 1st Prince smile and nod his head and wave his hand telling me to go.

I follow the 4th Prince while the others were waiting. The others gave me the dirty look once we reach them as the 4th prince continue to walk towards our court without stopping.
They're the ones who left me first.
I was once again behind them and took my sweet time and kept my distance between them. Soon we all split our way and I enter my court then into my room.
I reach up in my hair and put out the hairpin and lay it on the table, I then began to take off my clothes by pulling the string that tied my clothes together and took out one of my arms and then the other one. I set the clothing down and change into my sleeping wear. I was set for bed, but I wanted to look at the stars before I heading to bed. I unhook the window and pulled open the window to see the shining moon gleaming down with the stars glittering upon the world.

I took a deep breath while I was tapping on the window's ledge. The candle behind became to flicker faintly as I knew it was time for bed. I got up and shut the window and head to the bed.
Morning came as I was sound asleep, but someone calling my name. "Lady Liling, it's time to wake up"

I open my eyes to see Lin and Mei Mei by the bed and trying to get me up, I slowly drag myself off the bed. There Lin and Mei Mei help me get ready for the day by bathing me, dressing me, and serving me breakfast. After that, we went on a stroll as I thought for a moment.

"Lin, Mei Mei, I would like to walk by myself," I said and they nod their head and left. I then walk down the path to see the big willow tree; I soon pass the willow tree and to the orange tree then I see the Chinese gazebo by the pond. There I see a familiar mid-age man sitting, playing chess. I walk toward him and sat down.
"May I join?" I ask.

He agrees while he waves his hand telling me to start. I pick up a piece and place it down to another spot.

"May I ask why didn't you tell me you were the emperor?" I said and waited for him to place his next move.

"If I did tell you, you would of act differently toward me." He replies and places his piece down while I began mines.

"Well, that depends," I spoke and set my piece down.

"And what do you mean by that?" he said and stop playing.

"Well, what I mean is if you wanted me to talk formally to you by calling you the emperor then you would of inform me that you were the emperor before letting me speak casually to you," I said.