Chapter 32

"My lady, what took you so long?" said Lin as they were worrying.

I pull up a smile, "I was having a good time that I forgot about the time," I lied and walk in my room.

"Lin, can you bring some tea," I said and sat down.
I set my elbow on the table while I place the side of my forehead on my palm. I continuously thought of what I saw today.

"Is everything all right, my lady?" said Mei Mei.

I snap out and smile, "Yes, I'm just a bit tired." I lied again.

Then there was the sound of footsteps by the doors as I draw my attention towards the doors to see a shadow creeping against the wall. I stare at the shadow closely, it seems like a male but as the doors shot open.

Lin appears at the door with tea and walks in and shuts the door. She places the tea down and began to pour me tea. If even though it was Lin's shadow against the door, I had an unsettling feeling.

"My lady," Lin said and handed me a cup of tea.

Night soon arrive, I was sleeping as an unsettling feeling reappear. My eyes shot open to see a shadow pass my room while the shadow was showing against the floor. I clench onto the blanket afraid to move and unconscious holding my breath. I became indecisive about what to do. Should I. . . try to go back to sleep like I saw nothing or . . get out of bed to turn on the lights?

As I scramble to light a candle and the shadow vanish. Once the candle was lit, I quickly ran back to bed and covered myself. Now I wanted Lin or Mei Mei to be with me, but it's too late and I was not going to open the door and go called them, so I was up the whole night.

The sun finally rises with the sunlight going through my room and against the floor. I had a big baggy eye that can be seen from afar and my head swaying back and forth. My eyes slowly closing and then the doors open as my head spring up with my eyes being alert.

"Oh my, My lady, are you okay? It looks like you didn't sleep all day!" said Mei Mei and they rush to me.

"Cause I didn't," I said half dead with my body feeling heavy.

"Why didn't you?" Lin ask.

"Because I saw something which freaked me out," I said.

"What was it?" Lin said.

"Umm. . Nothing." I said as I was too tired to talk.

"Well, we are here so rest now," Mei Mei said and rest assure me.
They lay me down and tuck me in. Once I close my eye, I completely knock out.

Finally, I was somewhat rested and open my eyes to see Lin and Mei Mei still by my side. I rose and sat on my bed.

"You are up, my lady," said Lin and I nod my head to reply.

"How long was I asleep?" I said.

"Well, it's an hour after lunch." answer, Lin.

"Oh," I said and got off the bed, "I'm hungry,"

"I'll be right back then," Mei Mei finish saying and left the room.

"OOPS, excuse me" I heard Mei Mei say outside of my room.
I wonder what's wrong?
I headed to the door and open it to see Mei Mei bowing 90 degrees to a guard which he seems familiar to me. Mei Mei then went around him and left my court. I look at the guard closely as he was walking towards me.

"Greetings Concubine Liling," he said and bow 90 degrees.

"Greeting, what can I do for you?'' I said and looking at him in depth.
Where have I seen him before?

"Ummmm," He tried to speak.

Oh, now I remember!
As it clicked, he the guard who had to follow me while I was running to the temple that day.

"Oh, it's you," I said and point at him.

He smiles, "yeah".

"What are you doing here?" I said.

"The 2nd Prince wants me to give this to you," he said and handed me a letter.

My right hand reach out and grab the tip of the paper. The guard bows his head as he took his leave. "Thank you," I said and watch him leave but then I saw quick glimpses of male disappearing behind the brick wall.
Who was that?

"My lady, is everything alright?" Lin ask.

"Huh?" I said and snap out and then turn my attention to Lin who was looking at me with concern.

"Yeah," I said, smiling while my eyes drift off to see the guard stop at the end of the entrance as he was staring at something.

I moved my head to see what he was looking at, but the only thing I saw was Mei Mei coming back with a tray of food. Hmmm? As I saw how the guard was looking at Mei Mei.

"My lady, what does the letter say?" said Lin.

"Oh yeah," I said.
I almost forgot about the letter that was in my hand, I look down at it and open it. I pulled out a white sheet of paper that was folded neatly. I put the envelope under my armpit and unfolded the letter. It read, "Liling would you like to join me at the spring festival?"

Spring Festival?
I looked at the letter confused. "Lin, what's the spring festival?" I said.

When Mei Mei reach us and she set the tray down on the table, and pick up each dish and set it gently down the table.

"Oh, the spring festival is the Chinese New Year," said Lin.

"OH!" I said with my mouth open widen.
I did not know that.
I smiled and nod my head.

"Come and eat, my lady," said Mei Mei and directing me to the food. I sat down and set aside the letter and envelope down.

Soon after, I sat there looking at the white paper that is laying on the edge of the table.
Hmm, spring festival. . .