Chapter 47

Once he had fully gotten up, he shot me a deadly glare that silenced me. I cleared my throat and tried to crawl my way out of bed, but he blocked me. "Where do you think you are going?" He said deadly.
"Anywhere. Away from you," I said, pushing him aside and scooting off the bed, but he kept getting in my way.
"Why? Am I that disgusting to you?" He said, leaning towards me as his face was inches away from mine.
*Thump thump* I quickly lean back, "Sure, something like that," I said nervously as I slipped past him.
After I got myself out of the corner situation, I turned to face the prince who had cold eyes staring at me. "Like do you hate me?" He said, which oddly struck me.
It took me a few seconds to wonder, but I already spoke, "It's not I hate you but I dislike you."
"Very well then," He said coldly and left the room, bringing cold air in. As my heart shook oddly which I brushed aside.

The sun came up for the new day to begin before Lin arrived. I was already up for a while, sitting by the window with my kite up in the sky and drinking tea.
"Oh, you are up early, my lady. Did you sleep early last night?" Lin asks before setting the tray of food down.
I flash an unappealing smile and replied, "you can say something like that"
"Is everything alright, my lady?" Lin asks, becoming concerned.
"I'm not so sure....." I trail off uncertain.
"Are you feeling unwell?" Lin asks.
I got up and said, "it's probably nothing unnecessary"

Couple of minutes had passed, and Lin had finished dressing me. I exit the room to find a visitor entering my gate. I walk to her with a genuine smile. "Good morning, Princess Hua Lan. What brings you here." I said and directed her to the gazebo.
We soon settled down as Lin brought us fresh new tea. I smile and ask, "how are you?" I pour tea for us.
There she smiled, but left a trace of uncertainties before picking up the cup of tea and answered, "I'm well. And you?"
"I'm well," I replied. "What brings you here?" I continued, keeping out the awkward silences.
" I just came to see how you are, that's all," she said.
"Oh is that so," I responded and nodded. "How are you and the 1st prince doing? You two have been married for a couple of months now," I ask, stop drinking tea. I looked at her, who was not making a sound, and was looking at her cup. ".Princess Hua Lan...," I said quietly.
She looked up and opened her mouth, but quickly went back to her cup before she spoke softly, "he hasn't loved me yet... and will never... love me. I thought...," she chokes up a bit. " just maybe... being by his side... he would look at me." I see her tightening her grip on the cup. I lift my hand and reach out to her shaky hands and then set the cup down. She finally looks up at me with teary eyes.
"Maybe, one day...," I said softly.
She pulled a sad smile and said, "Is it worth waiting for?"