Chapter 50

Then we heard a loud noise coming from the 1st prince's room and we went barging in. There was no one inside the room as the window was wide open and the breeze flooded the room.
"Search the area now!" the 4th prince ordered and everyone slit up. "You two, return back to your room." the 4th prince said to me and Princess Hua Lan.

"Yes," said Princess Hua Lan.

I looked at the 4th prince at first and then said, "alright."

We then separated, but I quite didn't listen to him and once I knew for sure that everyone was gone, I turned back and headed to find the 1st prince. I walk around, scanning around.
Where could he be? Did he kidnap or did he run off?
As I became nervous of the thought of men in black and headed towards the jail cell to see if he is there. Once I was close to it, I was about to head down the stairs to see Princess Hua Lan at the end of the stairs, hiding behind the wall. I then quickly hid behind the entrance.
Why is she here? What does she see?

Soon I heard a faint voice talking, "I will FIND a way to get you out of here and prove your innocence," which sounded like the 1st prince.

As I was looking at Princess Hua Lan's back, I knew what she must be feeling while she was watching the man she loved with other women.

Then a gust of wind rose up and brushed against me to find my hair covering my face, and at the moment, a cold, icy hand came grabbing onto my mouth. I tried to free myself, but the person had dragged me to the bushes and trees. I used both of my hands to try removing the hand, but the person grip harder as I was mumbling against the hand.
Then an icy voice spoke, "Didn't I tell you to return back."
As I dropped my hands and didn't fight back as the person loosen his grip.

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack." I said angrily and faced that snobby 4th prince.

"That's because you didn't follow orders," he said.

I was about to speak but then I saw Princess Hua Lan coming out as I quickly grabbed the 4th prince's icy hand and pulled him down to hide behind the bushes. His icy, cold hand slowly warmed up by my hands. I didn't realize how close we were until I turned my head and also to see we were still holding hands. I quickly let go of his hand.
*Thump thump*

I cleared my throat and spoke, "Umm... I'll be leaving now." Once Princess Hua Lan had left.

He chuckled and said, "do you think I will let you off that easily-" before I quickly used my hand to cover his lips as the 1st Prince was limping out of the prison and was trying to leave as quickly as possible. Once 1st Prince's had disappeared and I removed my hand off the 4th Prince's face.
"Umm...," I tried to say, but then we heard a loud voice yelling for help. We both quickly got up from the crouching position and hurried towards the screaming. We found Princess Hua Lan shouting for help and crouching beside the 1st Prince's body who was on the ground, unconscious. Princess Hua Lan was slightly shaking the 1st Prince and saying, "1st Prince?"

I crouch beside Princess Hua Lan before the 4th Prince grabs the 1st Prince's right arm and pulls him and then puts the 1st prince's arm over his shoulders. I also help the 4th prince and put the 1st prince's left arm over my shoulders. We both walked in a steady motion until the 2nd prince found us.
"I'll call the doctor again!" The 2nd prince said and hurried off. We both headed to the 1st Prince's room.

Princess Hua Lan followed us but didn't say a word; however, her face showed an unsettling expression. The doctor arrived again and checked the unconscious 1st prince after we had placed him back into his bed.
"He just fainted from being extremely exhausted because he was pushing his limits after being poisoned," The doctor said and got up from the bed. "Continue to give the medicine that I just gave a while ago but also give him this so it will give him more strength,'' He said and pulled out a bag of medicine from his box and handed it to Princess Hua Lan. "And it will take some time for him to recover so make sure that he is resting for a couple of days before he does anything," the doctor said just before he left the room.

"Alright, you two should leave so Princess Hua Lan can take care of 1st prince.'' I said, pushing the 4th prince and 2nd prince out of the room. Once I was about to close the door, the 4th Prince's mouth slightly opened to speak, but I just closed the door right in front of his face.