Chapter 51

"Ah.. Concubine Liling?" Princess Hua Lan said nervously as she was scared that the 4th prince would be angry.

I quickly turn my whole body to her and wrap my arms around her. "I know you are in pain. It's okay to let it out...," I whisper to her.

At that moment, Princess Hua Lan clutched onto me tightly as she was expressing her pain, I used my right hands and slowly patted her back.

Soon after I left Princess Hua Lan to take care of the 1st Prince, and entered my room to find that snobby 4th Prince, drinking tea. I sat down and poured myself a cup of tea and said, "Say what you want to say." I was preparing for the punishment.
He lifted his cup and I saw the corner of his lip smirking. "Hurry and tell me my punishment, so you can leave my room. I'm getting sleepy," I impatiently waited and yawned.

He set the cup down and said, "I won't tell you until that time comes." He got up and left, leaving me bewildered. My mouth slightly opened in shock with my mind full of wonder.
Ugh, this guy.
I gritted my teeth and formed a fist at the doorway.
"Hiss'' I said, upset, and stomp to bed.

The next morning, I woke up and went to see how the 1st Prince was doing. I enter the room to find only the 1st Prince, resting and an empty small bowl on the table, but no sign of Princess Hua Lan. I stepped out of the room and saw a maid walking by as I stopped her.
"Where's Princess Hua Lan?" I ask.

The maid bowed to me and said, "Greetings Concubine Liling, Princess Hua Lan left early in the morning just after she had given the medicine to 1st Prince."

"Do you know where she was going?" I ask as the maid shook her head. "Okay, thank you," I said as the maid bowed and left.

Where did she go?
I went off to find her and soon saw two other maids passing by.
"Greetings Concubine Liling," they both said and bow their heads.

"Umm have you guys seen Princess Hua Lan?" I ask.

One of them answered, "I saw Princess Hua Lan near the kitchen area."

"Thank you." I said and went towards the kitchen. I stood at the entrance of the kitchen and saw Princess Hua Lan, searching around. "Princess Hua Lan, what are you looking for?" I ask, giving her a confused look.

She didn't look at me and continued to look around and said, "I'm trying to find clues."

"Clues? For what?" I ask.

"To prove Dancer Liulang's innocence," she said, still not stopping, which took me by surprise and lost for words. I then entered the kitchen and began to look for clues. "Let me help you too," I said.
I started asking Princess Hua Lan, "where was the tea made? And what do you have so far?"

Finally, Princess Hua Lan stopped scanning and looked at me, "In this area is where the tea was made and the only thing I found was this hidden ripped piece of cloth," She said and showed me where it was hidden and the ripped piece of cloth that was the size of a baby palm. I touched the ripped piece of cloth that had a rough texture. I crouched down to see where the ripped piece of cloth was to find a sharp corner and a hint of blood-stained.
Hmmm, the culprit has a tiny injury.... for us to seek out.

We then began to scan for more evidence again on the floor, but then I had this feeling if someone was watching me. I turned my head to the entrance and saw a figure move by. Hmmmm? I got up and peered over to see nothing.
Soon two maids came in as they greeted us and I asked them questions, "So what do you remember that night the 1st Prince got poison?"

One of them answered, "I didn't see anything because I was busy cooking food." which she seemed to be telling the truth. I then turn my attention to the other maid who was looking down on the ground. "And you?" I said.

"Ummm...," She was about to speak when a tall shallow guard entered. "Greeting Princess Hua Lan and Concubine Liling," he said.
Both of us nodded our heads before I turned my attention back to the maid who seemed slightly afraid. "Umm, I saw Dancer Liulang coming in and brewing tea, but I didn't see what she put in there...," she said, glancing at the guard who was looking at her deeply, but when I looked at him, he would look at somewhere else.