Chapter 55

A couple of minutes after Dancer Liulang had left, I leaned against the bed frame again, enduring the pain on the left side of my neck as it was pulsing. "My lady, you should rest? You have done a lot of moving today," Lin said, worried. I smiled weakly, but then I remember Princess Hua Lan. "Is Princess Hua Lan alright? Did she get hurt during the incident?" I said as questions began to pop in my head.
"My lady-..." Lin tried to calm me down. "I have to check on her." I said before scooting off the bed and throwing the blanket off of me. I limped towards the doors as Lin tried to stop me, but I made my way out of my room and staggered towards Princess Hua Lan's court. "My lady, please." Lin continued to beg me to go back to rest while she also tried to catch up to me. Once I reached Princess Hua Lan's court, I saw the light was still on, but I also saw two shadows fighting each other as one looked like it was trying to kill the other one. "LIN, go quickly! Get help!", I said while Lin hurries. I quickly enter Princess Hua Lan's room to find Dancer Liulang trying to push a knife into Princess Hua Lan while Princess Hua Lan tries to resist the knife from coming to her. I hurry, by limping, to push the knife away from Princess Hua Lan.
All three of us were pushing the knife until Dancer Liulang grabbed my hair and threw my weak body to the ground. I stumbled onto the fall and groaned in pain as my wound was throbbing. I used both of my hands and pushed myself up, I then used all my strength and pushed Dancer Liulang away as she flew back while Princess Hua Lan caught me from completely falling over.
I wobbled until I could stabilize myself, "It was you, wasn't?" Who poison the tea?'' Then Dancer Liulang smiles and begins to chuckle, "Took you long enough." She wasn't afraid to admit it.
"But...," I said as it didn't make sense.
"I plan everything. I framed myself first because I knew the 1st Prince wouldn't believe that I could do such a thing so he would have found the new evidence that I left that led to the guard," she exposed her crime to us.
"So the guard was innocent!" I said as Dancer Liulang laughed again.
"Of course not! He was trying to throw me under the bus, but I did the exact same thing to him," she said. She then looked at me and said, "But it's a shame that I have to kill you too. I was starting to like you," she said before changing gears and charge towards us again. Princess Hua Lan and I quickly caught her wrist and arm and tried to push the knife away from us. At that moment, doors shot open as the 1st Prince came in and Dancer Liulang quickly dropped the knife. "1st PRince! Help me, they're trying to kill me!" Dancer Liulang acted and ran to the 1st Prince and she clung to his arm.
There Princess Hua Lan was silent because she knew that the 1st Prince would believe Dancer Liulang.
Tsk, the b**** thinks she can get away with this!
"Excuse ME? Trying to kill you?" I said, pissed. "Then why would we even waste our energy to set you free from being framed for poisoning the tea when we could have left you in there and beheaded," I stated the facts which shut Dancer Liulang up as I could see in her eyes that she was trying to think quickly.
"I-I don't know..., but she wanted to kill me!" Dancer Liulang said and pointed at Princess Hua Lan.
I laughed at her comment, "Why?"
"Be-because she wants me out of the way, so the 1st Prince could love her instead," she said, playing that card which made me snap.
"Don't try to pull that card," I said deadly. "If she was trying to get rid of you. She won't even start the investigation to save you as she knows the 1st Prince would be devastated if you had died because he loves you with all his heart. You know how ironic this is? Princess Hua Lan is trying to make you alive just to make him happy even though she's the one dying," I said as Dancer Liulang was trying butt in, "But I'm not finished yet. During your mission, you probably fell in love with the 1st Prince and wanted him for your own, but you also have to complete your mission first so you plan this out and that's how it all leads up till now. Am I right?" I finished speaking.
At that moment, Dancer Liulang slides out a small dagger and stabs the 1st Prince's arm. "Y-YOU! Shut UP!" Dancer Liulang screams before charging towards me.
Then the door burst open again as the 4th Prince and guard entered, "STOP RIGHT THERE!" shouted the 4th prince, but that didn't stop her from coming towards me; however, my body was thrown out of the way as it felt like slow motion as my body landed on the ground. I looked up to see that Princess Hua Lan had pushed me aside as the dagger was inches away from her, out of the blue, a bloody arm had wrapped around her and a body was covering her. As blood splattered everywhere and the body heavily collapsed onto the ground, bring Princess Hua Lan with it. The 4th Prince had got a hold of Dancer Liulang while handing her to guards to bring her back into the jail cell.