Chapter 56

I slowly pushed myself up with my neck throbbing rapidly and I clenched my teeth to stop myself from groaning in pain. "Wait! Why did you do all of this?" I shouted to Dancer Liulang before they took her away.

They stop mid-way at the door as she just smiles, "Why should I tell you? If I have to choose between confessing or death, I'll rather die. But don't worry, the mastermind won't fail to kill and will finish the job, but don't worry you won't die," she laughs before the 4th Prince couldn't take it anymore and order the guard to take her away.

"1st Prince!" Princess Hua Lan started screaming and was shaking the 1st Prince.
"HURRY CALL FOR THE DOCTOR!" She yells and a guard quickly leaves the room while the 4th Prince quickly helps carry the 1st Prince up. I also hurried to the 1st Prince and tried to help carry the 1st Prince as well.
"Just lay him in my bed," Princess Hua Lan frantically said.

We set him down on the bed while we finally heard footsteps in a quick pace entering the room. The doctor appeared and set his medicine box down and looked at the situation. "It may be serious." the doctor acted quickly. He pressed a thick cloth on the wound to make the bleeding stop. Soon, I couldn't stand anymore as I was leaning on Lin.
"My lady, are you okay? Do you need to sit down?" She whispers to me.
"Yes," I said weakly as Lin helped me down before I leaned on her again.

"He is not in critical condition but we have to see. Here is medicine to boil in water and give him" the doctor said after he finished and handed the medicine to Princess Hua Lan. "Thank you, Doctor," she said and bowed her head to him.

Instead of leaving, the doctor turned to me and said. "I see that you are completely drained and your bandage needs changing." The doctor unwrapped my neck and looked at my wound and then began to shake his head slowly. "It seems your wound had slightly opened back up," he said and opened his medicine box and applied medicine which slightly stings. "Alright, I'll be taking my leave now.'' The doctor finished up and bowed 90 degrees to the 4th Prince and left the room.

"You guys should go rest, I'll take care of the 1st Prince," said Princess Hua Lan.
"Especially you, Concubine Liling," she said and I just smile weakly.

Then Lin helped me up and walked me out of the room. I took tiny steps as my body literally had no strength, walking out of Princess Hua Lan's court I accidentally stumbled as a pair of cold hands caught me. "Thank you'' I said and bow my head as I was afraid to gaze a glance at the 4th Prince because a feeling crept up saying that he was furious at me. However, instead of letting me go, he continued to hold me and help me along the way. *Thump thump* My face started to burn up again and we finally reached his court. "Lin can take it from here," I said and slowly slipped my arm out of his grip, but there he stared at me as I was sweating bullets. "You should rest." I quickly added.

He continued to stare and said, "I don't want you to ever get hurt again" he seemed genuinely worried which caused me to be more flutter than ever. I quickly covered my face and slowly nodded and headed off first. "Wait for me, my lady," Lin said, trying to catch up with me.

Once he was out of sight, I raised my head again. "The 4th Prince really seems worried about you. You know he watched you the entire week with no sleep or food," Lin said.
"What!" I said, shocked.
"Yes, he refused to leave your side." Lin continued to tell everything.
*THUMP THUMP* I felt like my heart was about to burst. "My lady, are you alright? I think it's best for you to go and rest," Lin said and brought me to bed and forced me to sleep.