Chapter 70

I was back in my room with tons of blankets on me and holding a hot cup of tea in my hands as it was just me and the 4th Prince.
I took a sip from my cup and I broke the silence, "You know... I... have to go," I avoid contact.

He was silent at first and asked, "Why...? I don't want you to leave me. Can't you stay here with me?" his voice was small.

"I can't because... I have parents that I have to take care of and they are crying every day waiting for me to wake up. Like I said we are from different worlds," I mumble softly and there was a long pause afterward.

"I understand...," he finally said. "But can you at least stay with me a little longer until it's the last week of winter?" he pleased.

I thought for a moment before I let one of my hands off the teacup and stick my pinky finger out. "Alright," I said and wiggled my pinky finger at him, but he looked at me weird. I smiled at him and said, "Pinky promise." I set the teacup down and grabbed his left hand and made him stick his pinky finger before I wrapped his pinky with mine and shook on it.

A few minutes later, the 4th Prince and I were still drinking tea and munching on snacks as a tiny piece of a crumb was on the 4th Prince's face and was close to his lips. "You have something on your face," I said and pointed at his face.

"Where?" He asks and wipes his face.

"No. Here," I said and pointed at my face to show him where it was but he missed. "Come here," I said and lean forward and reach my hand out. I wipe away the tiny crumbs off his face. "There you go," I said and retreated back.

"You got something as well," he said and placed both of his hands on my face and pulled me closer to his face, my back arc and he looked down at me. Then he pushed his hands in my face and it was all squished up and my lips puckered up. "Hmm, let me see where is it," he continues to tease me.

"Hey! 4th Prince, let me go," I said and my eyebrows crinkled inwards and grabbed both of his wrists, but he just smiled.

"Call me by my name, Ying Zhi," he whispers to me.

"Hump, let me go," I said and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Not until you call me by my name," he continued to tease me.

"Fine. Yin-g... Zhi," I had a hard time saying it and I felt flustered but he just smiled and soon leaned down to me as our lips touched each other. Then a loud knock at the door came barging in as Ying Zhi released our tiny peck.

"CONCUBINE LILING, are you in there?'' shouted a guard.

"YES!" I answer back and glare at Ying Zhi to behave himself. "Come in," I said as the guard opened the door.

"Your highness," the guards said once he saw the 4th Prince.

"What brings you here?" I spoke.

"The Emperor has been poisoned and the 1st Prince has been injured," the guard reported.

"What!" We both said and hurried out.

We enter the Emperor's room to find a mess. "So what happens?" Ying Zhi talks to the general.

"Well, whoever did this was very ballsy to act so rash to poison the Emperor and attack the 1st Prince in one night. They both put up a fight because look at all the poison that is spread all around the room and the doctor is coming as soon as possible," the general reported to us.

"How's the 1st Prince?" I ask.

"Well, I'm not sure because the doctor hasn't come yet," he replied.

"Where is he?" I ask again.

"He is unconscious in his room," he said and I nod my head.

"Do you have any lead who it might be?" Ying Zhi said.

"No, sir. We have no trace yet but we are still looking," the general said and went back to search around the place as Ying Zhi went too.

I look closely at poison that was all over the place. I bent down to see it was a white powder that seemed familiar like I saw it before.
Where did I see this before?
I scratched my head while I thought some more until it hit me. This poison looks similar to the ones I found at the 3rd Prince's office, but I have to make sure, so I got up and left the Emperor's room.

I hurry off as someone swooshes by and the next thing I know was a white cloth was against my nose and mouth. I quickly struggle to break free by kicking and trying to remove their hand until everything slowly turns pitch black.