Chapter 75

We all sat in front of the Emperor, and Ying Zhi continued saying he wanted to divorce me and the 2nd Prince firing back, but I just sat at the far end, not knowing what to say or think as if my soul had left my body.
"Silence," the Emperor said as everyone became silent. "Do you have anything to say?" The Emperor looked at me which surprised me.

"Ummm...," I looked at Ying Zhi who no longer had those eyes I knew and shook my head.

"Alright, it's settled. You two are officially divorced and I appoint Liling to be my personal court lady," the Emperor had ended the conversation as everyone was shocked including me.

"Do you have any objections?" The Emperor asked me, and I bowed my head and shook my head.

"Alright, everyone may dismiss," the Emperor said as I saw Ying Zhi giving me one last disgusting look before leaving with Consort Qingyuan without turning back.

"Liling" the Emperor spoke.

"Yes, your highness," I said and turned my attention to him.

"I'll have guards bring your stuff to your new room," he said.

"Thank you," I said and bow my head to him.

The 2nd Prince was still waiting for me by the door and he was about to speak to me once I reached him, but I interrupted him "I think it's best for me to help move my stuff to my new room. Excuse me."

The entire day, I kept myself busy by helping out with bringing all my stuff to my new room which was smaller and plain looking. I have not uttered a single word since then and continue to push myself to move stuff. "My lady, you should wait in the new room while we finish bringing all your stuff to you because you must be overwhelmed with all that happened...," Lin said.

I pull my lips together and smile, "It's okay. Really, I'm fine." I continued.
Soon, everything was brought into the small room and put in place as it was late. "Thank you guys for all your help," I said and bow my head to the maids and guards that helped out.

Once they all left the room, leaving me and Lin alone, Lin asked once more, "My lady, are you sure you are okay?"

I once again pulled a smile and said, "Yes, I am okay. Lin, you must be tired, go on ahead." as Lin reluctantly left the room. Once the door was closed, my body completely collapsed on the hardwood floors, and I quickly covered my mouth as my eyes were already watery. I bawled my eyes out with my tears like a raging river. I was crying so much that I started to have shortness of breath and was looking like I had hiccups. I clutch my chest as my heart was having sharp pain and pulsing dramatically as if I could feel it through my entire body. It felt like my heart was ripped out and I had to calm myself down by slowly breathing in and out without crying. However, that entire night I weeped.

"1... 2...," I was counting and patting my cheeks, "3!" I said and pulled up a smile. I then face the door and Lin enters.

"Oh! My Lady, you are up early this morning?" She said.

"Of course, I have to serve the Emperor's tea this morning," I spoke cheerfully. "Come, Lin," I said and headed out.

"My Lady, you haven't eaten?" Lin said and quickly followed me.

I stop and smile at Lin, "I woke really early this morning and already ate. Don't worry too much. I'm no longer a Concubine but a Court lady now," I said and headed to the kitchen.

I grab a teapot and pour boiling hot water into it and drop tea leaves with a couple of flower petals in the water. At last, I cover the teapot and set it on a tray with a cup. "My Lady, let me help." Lin insisted.

"Lin." I look at Lin sternly, which she slowly drops her hands. Soon, I arrived at the Emperor's room as I knocked and entered.

"Your Highness," I said and set the tray down before placing the teapot down on the table as he was working. "Have some tea," I said and pour tea into the cup and hand it to him.

"How are you?" He asked.

I smiled and said, "Doing well."

"Thank you, you can go and have the day to yourself," he said.

"Thank you, your Highness," I said and did a tiny bow before leaving the room with the tray swaying by my thigh, but once I stepped out of the door my face slammed into a hard chest. "My apologies," I said without knowing who I had bumped into and when I did, I froze in place. "Ying... Zhi," I muttered to myself and quickly left, but once I was a distance I looked back at the closed door.
Ying... Zhi.....
I left with a heavy heart.

As I was walking out of the palace, the 5th Prince popped out and said cheerfully, "Sister Liling."
"5th Prince!" I smiled and said, "How are you?" I ruffed his hair.
"Good like I always!" He nearly shouted, "Sister Liling, are you alright? You seem sad, not like yourself," as if he saw right through me.
I lower myself down to his level, "Little Prince, I think you are seeing things." I once again ruffled his hair and smiled at him.
"Sister Liling, do you want to go walking with me?" He asked and his face lit up in excitement.

"Sure, why not?" I said and the 5th Prince already grabbed my hand and dragged me outside in the snowy winter. The cold breeze hit my face as chills went down my spine. Soon we bump into the 2nd Prince.
"Brother!" he shouted. "Do you want to come along with us?"
"Ying Ah," the 2nd Prince said like a mother, "You don't shout so loud. I'm right here."
"Oh, sorry," the 5th Prince behaved himself and slightly bowed to his older brother.

"Little Prince, look!" I pointed as I tried to cheer him up, "a snowflake." He looked up as the snowflakes slowly drifted toward us. "Open your hands and try to catch it," I said and he opens both of his hands to catch it.

"It's snowing." the 2nd Prince says.
"Indeed," I respond.

"Little Prince, be careful not to slip in the frozen pond..." I said and saw him not paying any attention to where he is going. Then his leg slipped on ice and his entire body fell over as I caught his arm, but I also followed him as I felt the 2nd Prince grabbing onto me, and soon we all fell in the frozen pond. As it cracked and cold water splatter all over our faces and bodies. Lucky for us the pond was only knee-high. We all looked at each other as we shivered, but then we all burst into laughter, but then someone interrupted us by clearing their throat as it was Ying Zhi and Consort Qingyuan who seemed to be passing by. We helped each other up and Ying Zhi looked at me in disgust.

"It's so shameful to be flirting with all the princes when you are a court lady," Consort Qingyuan spoke as if she was embarrassed for me.

I shot her a glare and said, "Is it not also shameful to take advantage of someone who can't remember and steal them from the person they truly lov-" as I felt a hot burn across my face and soon turn into numbness.