Chapter 80

This is not my photo
-------------------------

BEEP! BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!BEEP! BEeeeeep....
My eyes shot up.
Beep. . . Beep. . . Beep. . .
As air enters my lungs while I slowly exhale.

The first thing I saw was a mid-age male in a white outer coat. "Oh, welcome back," the male doctor said. "You just had a little shock." He checked my heart.

He then turned his attention to my parents and said, "I just have to run some tests before she is clear to go." And he looks at me again before asking, "Do you need anything? How are you feeling?"

I open my mouth as my voice scratches against my throat, "Can I have some water?"

"Oh, yes," he said and reached for a cup that had a straw in it. Once I drank the cool water, my voice became clear. "How's that?" He asks and I nod my head.
"Better," I said quietly.
"Well, I will leave you to catch up with your family," he said and left the room as I looked around to find myself in a clean spacious room, hooked on an IV and heart rate monitor.
I'm in the hospital so does that mean I'm back?

I saw my parents longing faces coming towards me.
"My baby, how are you feeling?" My mother said in teary eyes as she wiped my tears, that appeared out of nowhere.
"I'm back. . ." I said softly and my mother leans down and hugs me. "I miss you guys so much. . .," I whisper in my mother's ears.

Soon enough, my family had told me that I had been in a coma for a year and finally woke up. They said that I had slipped on ice and hit my head pretty hard on the ice which causes me to be unconscious for a period of time. However, I told them that the ice cracked and I had fallen in the ice, but none of them believed me and continued saying that I slipped and hit my head and even my older brother, who was there that day said I hit my head. Which I soon thought must been a dream.

We are like the sun and the moon. . . We can never be in the same world, Ying Zhi...
My body jolted up as I woke up. "Ugh, this is the 5th time in a week that I keep having this dream about that dude," I said in distress.
I got up and prepared myself for the day. "You are early this morning, honey?" My mother said, once I entered the kitchen to find her cooking breakfast.
"Yeah, you know college? Morning classes," I did a little fib and smile.

"Okay, bye mom and dad!" I holler at the door and shut it behind me and hurried to the city bus stop.
It has been, almost, 6 months since my awakening from a coma. During those months, I had to push and work extra hard to be caught up with what I missed during my last senior year of high school to graduate. The work paid off and now I'm finally starting my freshman year in college.

2 whole hours had passed, I finished my class for the day and was heading back home. Once I stepped outside, it was raining as I forgot all about the forecast and my red umbrella.
Shoot!
I saw some people running for it and others having umbrellas. I hesitate at the end of the building to make a run for it or wait until the rain dies down. I click my home button on my phone to check the time, "Oh man, if I don't go now then I have to wait another hour for the bus," I said and became antsy.
"Ugh, forget it," I said to myself and ran for it with my hands up, trying to cover myself. I have to run down a case of stairs that leads me to the main road, and each step has a long length which you can add a few walking steps between them. Once I was going down them, I felt like I was hopping down each step, and keeping my focus on each step, but then I remember I have left my textbook in class. I swiftly turned around and made my way back up the stairs. My legs were already worn out as I used all my will power to push myself to keep running with my head dangling down as I realized the rain had stopped falling on me. My body stopped and I looked up to see a young man in a white long-sleeve button-down collar shirt and black pants with short black hair as he was holding an umbrella above me. I look at those familiar brown eyes gazing at me.

"We are like the sun and the moon, but we will meet again. . ." He spoke. He moves the umbrella away and drops it on the ground as the rain has stopped and cleared up instantly. We stared at each other in the broad daylight and above the clear blue sky, there was a white faded crescent moon in the sky with the sun beaming down on the earth.