The Mines

"I don't...I mean, these types of things, they aren't supposed to be real." Haley stammered, the next morning, after Dean explained about what we do while Sam was flipping through John's journal and I had a bag of M&M's and was starting to eat on them. "I wish I could tell you different." Dean said to her.

"How do we know it's not out there watching us?" She asked. "We don't. But we're safe for now." I assured her. "How do you guys know about this stuff?" Haley asked us and Dean and I consider this for a moment. "Kind of runs in the family." We said, in unison, as Sam comes over to us. "Hey. So we've got half a chance in the daylight. And I for one want to kill this evil son of a bitch." Sam said to us. "Well, hell, you know I'm in." Dean said. "Yeah, me too." I said as Sam shows the wendigo page of John's journal to Haley and Ben.

"Wendigo is a Cree Indian word. It means evil that devours." Sam explains to them. "They're hundreds of years old. Each one was once a man. Sometimes an Indian, or other times a frontiersman or a miner or hunter." I informed.

"How's a man turn into one of those things?" Haley asked then Dean and I pick a couple things up off the ground. "Well, it's always the same. During some harsh winter a guy finds himself starving, cut off from supplies or help. Becomes a cannibal to survive, eating other members of his tribe or camp." Dean said. "Like the Donner Party." Ben said and we look at him.

"Cultures all over the world believe that eating human flesh gives a person certain abilities. Speed, strength, immortality." Sam said. "If you eat enough of it, over years, you become this less than human thing. You're always hungry." I explained.

"So if that's true, how can Tommy still be alive?" Haley asked us and we give her a worried look. "You're not gonna like it." Dean said then he glances at me then at Sam then back to Haley. "Tell me." She said, shakily. "More than anything, a wendigo knows how to last long winters without food. It hibernates for years at a time, but when it's awake it keeps its victims alive. It, uh, it stores them, so it can feed whenever it wants. If your brother's alive, it's keeping him somewhere dark, hidden, and safe. We gotta track it back there." Dean explained and Haley has a horrified look on her face. 

"And then how do we stop it?" She asked. "Well, guns are useless, so are knives. Basically—" Dean started to say then he and I hold up the can of lighter fluid, a the beer bottle, and the white cloth we'd picked up. "We gotta torch the sucker." He said.
Minutes later, Dean leads the way through the woods. Haley, Ben, Sam and I follow as we pass trees with claw marks and blood. I held onto the Molotov.

"Dean. (Y/n)." Sam calls out, sometime later, as he was leading us this time. Dean and I catch up with him. "What is it?" We asked him. Then we looked around at the trees, there were bloody claw marks and broken branches everywhere. "You know, I was thinking, those claw prints, so clear and distinct. They were almost too easy to follow." Sam said when we heard growling. 

The three of us whip around as the trees rustle. Haley was standing under a tree, when blood drips on her shirt. She notices and looks up, then leaps out of the way. Roy's corpse lands where she'd stood, Dean and I examine Roy as Sam goes over to Haley. "You okay? You got it?" Sam asked and she nods.

"His neck's broke." I stated as Sam helps Haley up when we heard more growling. "Okay, run, run, run, run, go, go, go!" Dean shouts and we take off in all directions. I ended up running with Haley as we ran for a few minutes. Unfortunately, we stopped when we see the wendigo in front of us. Haley screams in fear as it comes at us.

*3rd person POV*

"Haley?" Ben calls out as he, Sam and Dean walk around, both the brothers were beyond worried about their friend. Especially, Dean. Then they found the broken bottle of the Molotov, the brothers look at each other as they become worried and scared. "(Y/n)!" Sam calls out. "(Y/n)!" Dean shouts as he frantically looks around. If that son-of-a-bitch grabbed you....Dean didn't want to think about the worst case scenario. Hopefully, it kept you alive.