Chapter 29 Part 2

Chapter 29 part 2

Zane’s POV

Everything was slowly starting to sink in. After the first day of seeing Marissa laying there, unmoving and un responsive. I realised I lost, I lost whatever game fate was playing with me. On the second day I realised that she was so much more than just my ‘mate’. She was that one person who could truly read me and draw emotions out of me. She was that one thing that I couldn’t see. On the third day i thought about everything and why I rejected her in the first place.

I thought she wasn’t good enough for me, but was I good enough for her? on the fourth day Alex had shown up, after Alex texted Marissa for days without response Derek got a hold of her phone and told him. much to my dread he waited in here as much as I did. I sat in here every day with my head in my hands, taking one of her hands in mine and praying to god she would wake up for me. I know I haven't always been there for her but I want to be, I want to be everything she ever wanted me too. She was the one saying that she would be everything I ever needed and that she knew we could work out.

But it was really me that needed her, she was strong by herself and proved to everyone she could handle the pain. And here I was, facing it for the first time and ready to crumble. Just when I was ready to admit to myself and her that I was truly and hopelessly in love with her.

“Zane you need to get out a little, maybe go across the street and get something to eat with Alex” Marissa’s mom gently suggested. I looked up at her and I know the concern I saw in her eyes were true. She knew about me and Marissa but she hadn’t changed the way she acted towards me. In return I told her everything, I told her how I really felt now and how much I loved her daughter. I knew I looked like hell, I still hadn’t changed from that night because as soon as she got to the hospital I never left her side.

I rarely slept and I only ate when I had too. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. I wanted to stay here with her, she had to wake up. Then maybe we could continue what we had started. “Zane I know how hard this is on you, but you need to loosen up. I'm not asking you anymore I'm telling you, get your butt out of that seat and go get some lunch with Alex” she sternly told me. I nodded and walked out of the room without sparing her another glance.

Alex was waiting outside the hall, he leaned against the wall as if he was waiting for me. Ever since he started dating Marissa we haven't been that close of friends. “Alex I need to tell you that I really love Marissa, I know your dating her and all but I'm going to do everything I can to get her back. I told her how much I  loved her and it was the truth” I admitted as we walked out of the hospital. He was still my friend after all, and he deserved to know the truth.

“I'm not going to let her go just like that Zane, you had your chance and she truly is amazing” he replied. I expected nothing less though; I knew how special she was and how great the two of them got along. He was on his way to falling in love with her too.

“I just want my mate back. I really regret everything” I admitted to him. My mind flashed back to when me and Marissa went out for lunch and she tried again, she tried to tell me that we could work out together that we were meant to be together. Then I flat out told her that I didn’t love her. She gave me her heart again, she put it out there again even after I rejected it the first time. I was stupid, I was foolish and I guess I was getting what I deserved.

None of the doctors knew why she had passed out and they were still running tests. The only good thing that has come out of this was that it bought her more time until she had to go to the academy. My dad had postponed the arrival for another two weeks. I still hadn’t told him though, I never told him that Marissa was my mate yet.

“Well Zane I hope you can understand that I'm not backing down, I want her just as much as you do. and I intend on keeping her” I quickly grew mad at ale as we stepped in the restaurant. “She’s not a damn object, she is a person and she has her own opinion and mind. You can’t just say she’s mine and I'm keeping her. She will be choosing for herself” I declared.