I Am an Idiot in Love-23

When I woke up, I could tell that it was early morning.

I felt Declan's arms around me, keeping me warm despite my... bareness. I studied his face, watching as he slept, which I admit is kind of creepy. But he just looked so peaceful. There was a small smile on his face, making him look like he was content with life.

But I guess Declan always looked like that; he was just a happy person.

I snuggled up closer to him to try to fall asleep again, but he spoke.

"Hello," he said, his smile growing.

"Hi," I said, and scooted away from him. It just occurred to me that we were naked and both awake now, stuff could happen.

He let out a short laugh. "Don't be scared of John Doe, he doesn't bite," he said and pulled me back to him, then whispered in my ear, "Unless you want him too."

To think that me and Declan were on this level of a relationship was amazing. Everything about us was pure bliss and more. Except for Amanda.

"You know, I saw Amanda the other day," I said.

"What?" he said. "What did she say to you?"

I shrugged, not thinking it was that big of a deal. "She just didn't like the fact that we were together. She said that we better not be when we go to school on Monday."

"Or what?"

"She'll kill me'," I said, mocking her. "She's so crazy."

"Okay, Reese, don't be mad, but I think you should listen to her," Declan said.

What? What was that supposed to mean? Did he just not want to be seen with me in public? Wait, that wouldn't make sense, he's in half of my videos.

"Why?" I asked, not understanding.

"I just don't want her to hurt you," Declan said and pulled me closer to him.

"What? You don't think I can take her?" I joked.

He burst into laughter, but then became serious. "Honestly, Witherspoon. I don't want anything to happen to you. We should lay low."

"No," I said. Amanda was not going to keep me from being seen with this gorgeous piece of meat. "She can watch us make out and just suck it."

"Suck what?" Declan asked, a sly smile on his face.

"Shut up."

We talked for a couple minutes more until we finally decided that we had better get home before our parent's started wondering what we were doing.

"Pass me my shirt," Declan said. I picked up the shirt lying next to me and threw it at him as I hooked my bra. Then I grabbed my dress to slip it on.

Once I had, I realized that something was missing. "Where is my underwear?"

"Oh, you mean this sexy little thing?" Declan said, holding up my black lacy panties.

"Declan, give it back," I demanded but my cheeks were firetruck red. This was so embarrassing. Why had I even worn those?

He had a smirk playing on his lips as he put my underwear in his back pocket, it hanging out like he was playing flag football. "I think I'll just keep it."

This. Guy.

Declan, please," I said and attempted the puppy dog eyes that he had already mastered.