⥈ chapter twelve: ONE-ON-ONE ⥈

« chapter xii: ONE-ON-ONE »

"You have to use your opponents weight against them

"You have to use your opponents weight against them. You're small, agile and you need to use that or you'll never win a fight." Bruce said as Tim pinned her to the ground yet again. "And you're not using your powers the way that you should." Dabria flipped Bruce off which almost made Tim laugh as he stood and held out his hand for her. Bruce didn't look amused though. Dabria took his hand and Tim pulled her up.

"How am I supposed to beat Tim when he has like fifty pounds of muscle on me."

"It can't be more than thirty." Bruce said and Tim frowned, feeling slightly self-conscious as Dabria looked him over.

"Well, it's like everyone keeps reminding me. I'm not like all of you. I haven't been training all my life to be a hero. I'll never be on par with any of you." Dabria hated this. It had been a month, an entire month since she had first put on her suit and gone out, discreetly, with the boys and Bruce hadn't let her out since. He told her he wouldn't allow her back out on patrol with them until he thought she was ready to take him on in a fight. 

"That's pretty egotistical of you." Dabria had said with a frown. Bruce smirked lightly.

"I'm just trying to make sure that you are at your best."

"How will I know when I'm at my best?" Bruce had glanced over at Tim and Damian who were currently trying to kick each others asses. 

"If you can pin one of them down in a fight. You'll be ready." That conversation had been a month ago and Dabria was tired of this bullshit. How was she supposed to beat Tim or Damian when they had been training for a better part of their lives? Even with her powers, Dabria was no match for them.

"You don't have to be on par with us Dabria. I'm trying to teach you how to use your opponent to your advantage, use your powers to your advantage. I'm trying to teach you how to outsmart us." Dabria pursed her lips.

"That will be harder than trying to get on your level. I'm sure you both know at least 100 ways to take me down in a fight. How am I supposed to outsmart that?" Dabria asked, wiping the sweat off her forehead.