⥈ chapter thirteen: READY OR NOT ⥈

« chapter xiii: READY OT NOT »

Dabria was lying on her bed in her room slathered in Icy Hot and trying not to move too much

Dabria was lying on her bed in her room slathered in Icy Hot and trying not to move too much. Her shoulders hurt, her ribs, her head. Her hands wouldn't stop shaking and every time she even thought about last night, things began to smoke and burn around her. She was pretty sure if she stood up, there would be a perfectly burned imprint of herself on the covers. But she would rather burn alive than admit Bruce was right.

So what if she joked around with her powers? She had always been so afraid of them before. Shouldn't she be allowed to use them for stupid shit? Like scaring Alfred or pranking Damian? Was she not allowed to use them to move around the house faster? For gods sake this place was massive! Was she really expected to walk down three flights of stairs to get to the kitchen every time she wanted a drink? Dabria rubbed at her temple and rolled over onto her side, wincing and feeling the stitches above her eyebrow pull at her skin. Alfred had done them this morning when he came up to give her breakfast. Dabria had insisted she wasn't hungry but Alfred came in anyways to assess the damage done to her body. He had fussed over her for close to an hour, bringing ice and painkillers and food.

"I'm not a baby." Dabria had grumbled under her breath. "I can take care of myself." 

"Bruce would say the same thing when he would come back cut to ribbons." Dabria grit her teeth. She didn't want to think about him. "He means well you know." 

"No, I don't know." Dabria mutter. Alfred left it at that and for the past couple of hours, Dabria had simply been wallowing in sadness and pain as the medication wore off. There was a knock at her door. Dabria didn't answer. 

"Dabria? It's Tim." Dabria clenched her jaw.

"What do you want Tim?"

"Can I come in?" 

"Do whatever the hell you like. This isn't my house." Dabria said, slowly sitting up on her bed, balling up the sheets in her hands. Tim entered her room slowly and the smell of burning wood, fabric and plastic hit him immediately. He tried not to look concerned. Dabria sat on her bed in fleece pajama pants and a different sports bra from the night before. Dabria had been really pissed. Maybe she had accidentally burned through her clothes or something. "What?" Dabria said through her teeth.