⥈ chapter twenty-one: THE SECOND COMING ⥈

« chapter xxi: THE SECOND COMING »

"I hate you." 

"Red Wing."

"I really fucking hate you right now." Tim was staring out across the cityscape. A portion of Gotham was already under siege. Dabria had started fires all across the city, slowly making her way towards Wayne Manor and relishing in the destruction and mayhem she was causing as emergency service workers tried to be in two places at once. 

"You can't talk to him like that." Damian said with a sigh.

"The thing is... I fucking can." Tim said.

"I know you're angry with me but..."

"But nothing! We're supposed to help people Batman. What the fuck happened back there? Why didn't we go in sooner. Why didn't we try to stop this?"

"I needed more information and I thought..." Bruce sighed. "I really thought she would be strong enough to fight back against Malum."

"She wasn't. I told you she wasn't and you didn't listen to me." Tim said through his teeth. "We're supposed to be your partners. You're supposed to listen to us."

"I know." Tim ground his teeth and said nothing for a bit. 

"Now what?" 

"Now we stop Malum."

"How?" Damian asked.

"I have a plan but... We'd have to get close enough to her to do it."

"What's the plan?" Tim demanded. Bruce said nothing. "I'm not going to like it am I."

"No, you won't. I'm sorry." Tim swallowed hard and listened to Bruce's plan. 

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Tim was riding his motorcycle through the city streets, feeling the heavy weight of the artifact Bruce had given him in his pocket. There really was no other way... Was there? If they didn't stop Dabria here and now... She could go on to destroy the whole world, kill every single living thing. The only way to stop her, according to Constantine was by using the Binding Stone. It would apparently force Dabria to hell with Malum trapped inside of her. Tim tried to swallow the lump in his throat. Trapping someone in hell seemed like a worse fate than death. Tim asked what would happen to Dabria but Bruce didn't say. Tim got the picture though. Malum would probably torture her for eternity and Dabria would be left screaming in pain and calling for help.