Chapter 41: Endings

Who would've thought I'd kill a demon so easily?

Truthfully not me.

I mean, in a moment of rage like that, how could I possibly complete such a feat?

The room was filled with amazement.

Yet, we had not time to rejoice or even help with the mess of a dead body and black blood everywhere, when my body along with Kai and Ricin's began to glow.

I could feel the absolute pain Ceil would be forced to deal with the clean all this mess up.

My world spun, and once more, my world went black.

I woke up.

With Kai and Ricin sprawled next to me.

In my bedroom.

It was quiet. No knights or little brother going out of control from noise.

It appears to be the same time as when we were transported out...?

All three of us stared at one another for a long moment. Sitting on the floor.

Ricin broke the silence first.

"Remind me what pissed you off enough to go through with such a brutal massacre?"

I stared blankly.

"Interrupt my sleep too many times..."

Ricin's fluffy face looked a bit ill.

Kai burst into laughter, deep and seductive.

"That was beautiful. Rosalia, we're home" he murmured, before I was snatched off the floor and spun around in Kai's arms.
A small laugh bubbled up past my lips as well.

"I'm here too...!" Ricin huffed angrily, trying to latch onto Kai's shoulder.

I felt peaceful. Truly peaceful. Alive and exhilarated...!

Until my doors slammed open and my parents and younger brother stood in the doorway flabbergasted.

Kai was forced to do some explaining.

He came up with the lie that he was going to try and court me under the moonlight. Which prompted my father to ask for a death match.

My mother fainted.

Vincent tried to launch himself at Kai immediately but I restrained him with the help of Ricin.

Needless to say, I'm now formally Engaged to Kai. Who'd have thought it'd be so simple.

This unfortunately gave Kai permission to visit me and annoy me not in his adorable fluffy form.
The nerve of some people.

Ceil seemed stunned, but congratulated me once he found it was a mutual agreement.
I slipped him a small letter, one for him to give to Katrina without telling her whom it was from.

This was just me meddling. Of course it was a love letter which was unsigned.

I needed Ceil to develop a little jealousy!

Kai favored my sleep time as his personal time with me. 
Such a broken man, and so infatuated.
I could lie and say I was terrified by such suffocating affection... but I didn't mind it as much as I imagined.

Maybe it was because it was Kai...?

I always imaged it was me who was poisonous... but truthfully... it is this man.

Such a poisonous love, one might wonder if it's healthy.

Of course, I manage with an iron fist. A happy wife means a happy life, right?