Chapter 9

3rd Person POV

"You wasted an entire day that was supposed to be used for training, so as punishment, you will now have to run a few errands for us" Jieun's glare was directed at Y/n who was in disbelief.

The latter had just woken up from a long slumber after Jieun forced her out of bed. She was utterly confused because she couldn't seem to remember what happened the other day, but when she asked Taeyeon about it, all the older woman said was that Jieun hit her too hard.

"Bu- But I was unconscious that time!!" Y/n exclaimed, finding the punishment she had to face incredibly unfair.

"And whose fault is that?"

"Yours obviously! You're the one who hit me!" Y/n's reasoning made Jieun's brow shoot up in confusion.

But instead of questioning the younger girl, Jieun decided to just go with the flow, thinking it was a little lie Taeyeon told Y/n in order to hide what truly happened during their training.

"You're the one who didn't dodge, dumbass. Now quit yapping and go buy everything on this list!" Jieun yelled, obviously irritated as she handed Y/n the list and her wallet. "If you lose my wallet, I'll kill you"

With a nervous gulp, Y/n stood up and sighed in defeat. "Yes ma'am..." She then proceeded to leave the house before grumpily opening the secret passage.

"Wasn't that the list of things YOU were suppose to buy?" Taeyeon said as she stands beside Jieun, watching her successor stomp out of the field through the window.

"N- No..."

"You only made her do the groceries because you were too lazy to do it yourself, weren't you?"

"Maybe I did, Maybe I didn't"

She sighed deeply while pinching the bridge of her nose. "What am I gonna do with you, Ji..."

-

Y/n L/n's POV

I lazily dragged my feet to where the town was and looked through the list. If I remember correctly, this was the same list Taeyeon gave Ms. IU a few days ago.

And judging by everything that was written on this piece of paper, it was no doubt a grocery list.

A tired groan left my lips when I realized this wasn't a punishment, but a chore Ms. IU dumped on me because she was too lazy to do it herself.

"I'm totally going to spend her money on snacks for myself..."

Well, it's better than getting my ass kicked during training, so I might as well take my time and enjoy myself while I'm here.

As always, the town was peaceful and echoing with laughter. It was a lovely day, the sun was at its highest and there wasn't a single dark cloud in the sky that would ruin the lively mood of everyone who basked in the golden rays of light.

All the vendors and shop owners were very kind, so finding all the products I was looking for wasn't too hard.

I even got myself lucky and bought most of the items on this list for half their price. It was safe to say, the people of this town love me.