Chapter 15

Ace's POV

We all sit around the rectangular dining table, Ash is beside me and Cam is at the other side of me. I swear I didn't plan it but I'd rather her sit next to me than Brad, the idiot. He's flirting with her to piss me..Ash off I mean, I just know it. We all sit in comfortable silence for a few seconds before my ma speaks, "So Cam, how is college going?"

"It's great, really great" She lies, I know she's having a miserable time at college I see it on her face every day she has to go.

"That's good darling, you've grown up so much since the last time I seen you"

"Yeah, you've got boobs now" Brad chuckles eyeing Cam, I feel myself ready to knock him the fuck out.

"Brad! Not at the table, or ever for that matter" My mother warns, becoming sick of his inappropriate behaviour towards Cam. 

"You're quiet" I say to George trying to change the subject before I knock .Brad's head off him shoulders. 

"Yeah I guess I am" He laughs nervously, scratching his beard. 

"What's wrong, sweetie?" My ma looks at him with concern filling her eyes.

"I have some news that I've been keeping back, I was hoping it would be a family meal" He sighs "Well I guess it is because Cam and As.."

"Spit it out" Brad butts in becoming impatient like the rest of us.

"Ma, I don't want you to get mad because I know how you are about having things done in the correct way and wanting what's best for us in order to succeed"

"George sweetie, you're rambling. What's wrong?" Concern circling her eyes. 

"You got someone pregnant did you?!" It hits me. 

"Bro!" George shouts at me giving me wide eyes.

"No way!" Brad laughs and I hear a light chuckle from Ash.

"What?" My mother raises her voice causing everyone's attention to fall on her.

"I'm sorry Ma, I got this girl pregnant..she's keeping it and we're not in love or getting married so don't even ask" George rushes out.

"George, really?" She asks full of sadness, I know she's slightly disappointed. 

"Yeah Ma, sorry" He sighs looking down to his half full plate. 

My ma follows a sigh before speaking "We'll talk later..in private" George nods and continues to ea. I don't think she wants Cam and Ash to hear, I definitely know she doesn't want Brad to hear when they talk because he'll make jokes, constantly teasing George. 

"How long you home for Brad?" She changes the subject, I can tell she's trying not to think about the woman George got pregnant or the fact she's becoming a grandmother. 

"Month or two" He shrugs. Brad is in the army and has been for two years, this is his second time home but his next tour is longer as he told ma before coming here.

"That's good" Ma beams.

"Anyway, how about you and I make a baby, Camila" Brad winks to Cam, she gives him a small giggle and smirk. Is she actually flirting back with my fucking brother right now!?

"Oh fuck this, I'm going home before I knock him out" Ash points at Brad abruptly standing up, "Sorry Lillian, it was a lovely meal" He smiles apologetic and leaves the room.

"Brad, you need to stop this!" My mother storms away leaving the three of us.

"Wow, everyone can't take a joke" Brad laughs.