Chapter- 19

Ariana

If Xavier had not gone to the meeting, I wouldn't have been in a situation I was in.

I had been sitting on my bed, my legs hung down with my feet on the floor. My legs had been shaking furiously, making my whole body shake. I was trying to calm myself but wasn't able to do it.

I was on verge of getting a panic attack, my heart was beating furiously, it felt like it would come out of the ribcage any moment.

Anxiousness had crawled in my body. I was frightened, there was an uneasiness flowing in my body, giving me a weird sensation in my stomach. I was feeling apprehensive about going there. It felt like something bad was going to happen.

I didn't want to see them. I didn't want to see any of the Smiths. They were not welcoming people. They would not be pleased to see me there. They would not even acknowledge my presence, instead, they would get angry, especially Mr. Smith.

And I couldn't forget the fact that they would be there too. Those evil people who stole my happiness, who stole my growing years, who made me weak, because of whom I lack confidence would be there. I didn't want to recall what they did to me. Seeing them would only bring my horrible memories back that I had been trying to hide somewhere inside.

The ringing of the doorbell brought me out of my thoughts. It must be Finn, Xavier's driver/bodyguard had. I forcefully stood up from the bed and walked to the door to open it for Finn.

As I opened the door, I saw him standing in a stiff posture, hands at the back, head straight.

"Hello, ma'am. The car is ready." He spoke.

"Umm, hello, I am ready as well, Let's go," I replied, a little unsure of myself.

"Err... Ma'am, you sure you are ready?" He asked, looking at me questioningly.

I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing fitted denim jeans, a white hoodie, and sneakers with my hair tied in a bun. Yeah, I was going there in this outfit because I knew I won't go inside the mansion, I had already decided to pass the gift to one of the maids through the back door and would leave.

"Oh..yeah, I am ready. I won't stay there for long. So, let's go." Before he could say anything else, I stepped out of the penthouse, locked the door, and headed inside the elevator. He entered the elevator with me.

When we reached the parking area, Finn walked in front of me, he clicked the button on the car remote. I glanced in the direction of the beeping sound only to see a Rolls Royce. My jaw almost fell on the floor when I looked at the red shiny, royal, top-class Rolls Royce.

"Ma'am," Finn said while opening the back door of the car for me.

"We are going in this?" I asked while pointing my finger at the car.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Umm.. can we go in another car? Any small car instead?" I asked, looking around to find a small car between the collection of luxury cars of Xavier. But I found none.

"I am sorry ma'am. I am afraid we can't take another car. Mr. Knight ordered me to drive you there in this car." He replied.

Huh? Xavier ordered him? But why? His behavior had been confusing me these days.

Well, I was excited though. It was the first time I'd be sitting in a Rolls Royce.

I sat inside the car and Finn shut the door for me before taking the driver's seat. He started driving towards Smith's mansion.

The atmosphere in the car was silent and my mind was again flying towards the things that would happen in the mansion. So, I tried to talk to Finn to ease my uneasiness.