1

Alexandra Weasley stumbled through the long, winding streets of Diagon Alley. She bumped into a huge man with long, white hair. He stopped her.

"You-" he said. She raised her brow.

"What?" She sneered back.

"You're that Weasley girl, aren't you?"

"Father!" A young boy walked out of the shop next door.

"Draco, go find your mother."

"But I wanted to go look at the broomsticks."

"Not today, Draco. Go!"

"Who is she?" Draco persisted.

"Go, Draco. Now!" Lucius said and his son noticed his cold tone and left.

"I think I should probably go too." Alexandra started but Lucius grabbed her arm.

"I'm taking you to your family." He insisted. "Maybe then they'll stop accusing me of having taken you. " He apparated, holding onto her arm, and they landed outside the burrow. Lucius scowled at having to be anywhere near the Weasleys. He used his staff to knock on the door, refusing to touch it. Mrs Weasley opened the door. She looked at Lucius in shock.

"Mr Malfoy."

"Let's cut the pleasantries, why don't we? It appears I've found your... wandering stray." He pushed Alexandra forward rather harshly.

"Alexandra!" Molly Weasley gasped, pulling her daughter in for a hug. The young girl forced a smile onto her face.

"I found her in Diagon Alley."

"Is that true?" Molly asked and Alexandra nodded. "Where have you been?!" Alexandra just shrugged.

"Well I suppose this is my cue to leave."

"Wait. Thank you, Lucius." Malfoy just gave her a dirty look and apparated away.

"Oh, my darling!" Molly gripped her daughter tighter. "Oh, I've got to call your father right away. And your brothers!" She turned into the house to yell. "Boys! Ginny! Get down here at once." Pulling away from her daughter, she closed the door and led her to the living room. "I said, everybody down!" There was a thunder of steps as her children did as they were told.

"What is it, mum?" Fred started.

"We were thinking up ways to explode potions in Snape's class." George added.

"Excuse me?" She glared.

"By which we mean studying extremely hard." They said together.

"Alexandra?" Ron was the first to spot the eldest Weasley daughter. He engulfed her in a hug. Ginny joined in, and so did the twins. Percy and Bill came down, confused by the sight before them

"What's going on?"

"She's back. Alexandra's back!" Ron said happily. Molly pulled her children off Alexandra, giving Percy and Bill the chance to see their sister.

"Percy go to the ministry. I expect they'll let your father come home once they've been made aware."

"Yes, mother." He walked past his sister, and paused. "I'm glad you're back, Alexandra." She nodded and he headed into the fireplace to floo travel.

Alexandra kept silent as her family fussed over her, barely showing much emotion, even when the twins set off dung bombs in Ron's room, and even when Bill tried to talk to her- she'd been unusually close to her oldest brother, though Ronald had always been her favourite. Eventually her parents understood she wouldn't say anything about her time away, and stopped asking questions, fearing she might run away again. That's all she'd say about the matter. She left, she wasn't taken.

She hid out in Percy's room for the next few days. He didn't say much, except that he was a prefect now. He let her study his books in silence after that.
"Why do you keep coming to me?" He asked suddenly. She looked at him, confused. "Not that I don't want you here, but you keep coming to my room. Why not Ron or Bill or even Ginny? Why me?"

"Because you don't ask questions. I like silence. And no one will come in here while you're studying." She closed the book she was reading. "It's getting late." She walked out. As she walked over to her own, but heard her parents talking.

"Maybe we could homeschool her. She doesn't have to go to Hogwarts until she gets settled."

"Yes, I think that might be best." Arthur agreed. "She could stay with Ginny, and she's always loved learning. She could easily catch up to her year group by the end of next year."

"No!" Alexandra yelled. She walked downstairs and lowered her voice. "I want to go to Hogwarts."

"But-" her mother started.

"I don't want to stay home." She said. Molly looked hurt and taken aback.

"Oh." She gasped.

"What a horrible thing to say to your mother." Arthur defended his wife. Alexandra knew she'd taken it too far then.

"It's not that I don't want to be near you. I love the two of you. I just want to learn how to properly do magic. I want to go to Hogwarts." She said, firmly.

"Then why did you leave?" Molly asked. "Where did you go?" Alexandra looked down after that, and stayed silent, avoiding eye contact with her parents.

"I'm sorry." She said after a while. "I just... freaked out."

"You were an eleven year old child."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Well you must give us something!" Arthur frowned.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" She asked, softly.

"Tell you what?"

"That I'm not a Weasley." She said. Molly put her hand to her chest in shock.

"Alexandra."

"I'm not angry. I know that you're still my mum and dad, but I was upset. I freaked out and I was confused. So I left."

"Oh my darling," Molly stood and walked over, pulling her eldest daughter in for a hug. "Your father and I love you. We loved you ever since we laid eyes on you. I didn't want you to feel different, so we didn't say anything."

"Can I go to Hogwarts this year?" She asked.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow. Go to bed." Her mother said. Knowing she wouldn't get any more that night, she walked back up to her room.

Sometime in the middle of the night, she woke to her sister at the door. "Can I sleep here tonight?" Ginny asked, looking tiny and so vulnerable that it was impossible for Alexandra to say no. She wrapped her arms around Ginny's shaking body, but didn't say anything. It took Ginny a while to fall back asleep. Alexandra always asked what was keeping her up. Alexandra always knew what to say to soothe the youngest Weasley. Alexandra always told Ginny things would be better in the morning. But not this time. Perhaps she didn't want to make a promise she wasn't sure she'd be able to keep, or she was too tired to comfort her little sister. Whatever the case, Alexandra was different.