Chapter 4: That Briliant Baby

"What in Merlin's beard!" He exclaimed. How had this happened!Were baby's supposed to float? Was this bad? Was something wrong with her?

Oh if only he hadn't been so rude to Narcissia! He didn't have the slightest idea what to do, so he did was any rational person would do.

He reached up and plucked the girl off the ceiling. Then he placed her on the bed. To his dismay, she floated back up there, smiling at him brightly. Apparently she thought this was a game.

"You are to come down here at once!" He ordered with his famous scowl. The baby just looked at him and smiled.

"What!? Did you not here me? Come down at once this instant."

Then she slowly floated down, only to go up when he approached her.

" AARRGGG!!!" He yelled " Fine. Fine. If you don't want to come down you can stay up there for as long as you want, but don't come to me when your finally sorry! I will not be happy!"

Then, totally oblivious of Snape's threats, Rose crawled over upside down to where he was and swung her legs off the ceiling and fell down, on to Snape's shoulder.

She then proceeded to play with his hair. All Snape could do was stare, tired of the baby already.

It was now almost midnight and he went and tucked her into her crib.

"You sure are a bratty baby aren't you Rose." He sighed.

"Yet the most brilliant I've ever seen. Goodnight, Potter."

Then he walked into his bedroom and crawled under the covers thinking hard. He soon went to sleep.

Severus glanced at the click near his bed. It was 4:00. He was usually up this early but because of how late at night it was yesterday he had decided to sleep in.

Well, apparently Rose had other ideas.

She had just landed with a loud "thump" on his chest. Scarring him awake.

"Monstrous thing" he tried to yell, but it just turned into a yawn.

He rolled over, but Rose wouldn't have it. She started to poke him over and over. Finally he groaned in defeat.

He quickly got up, and still being fully clothed, walked into his kitchen. He heated up two slicers of honey ham for himself and for her... What would he do for her?

What did baby's eat? Baby food, was the first thing he could think of. He obviously didn't have any baby food lying around.

And it's not like he could just conger food out of thin air! That was one of the things wizards can't do. "So what now?" Snape thought.

Milk. Baby's drink milk. Well okay. He had milk. He walked to his freezer and pored a glass of milk.

"Wait. Now that won't do. Let me see..." He said. He transfigured the glass into a baby bottle.

"There. Now drink up!" He said to Rose as he set the bottle on the table. She floated down carefully. She looked at the bottle, and them to him.

"No. I did not poison it." Snape said lazily.

She still didn't take the bottle.

"What, do you expect me to feed it to you... Oh." He said feeling stupid. God being a parent was awful. You basically have to do everything for two people.

He picked up the bottle and held it to her mouth. She sucked away happily.

By the time she had enough, Snape's ham was cold.