41

A/N- so sorry for the wait. I kind of just disappeared for a while. Here's three parts. I hope you enjoy, xxx

Alexandra avoided Hermione until the other girl promised to stop pestering her about the sorcerer's stone. She'd even managed to get Hermione to start practicing for her exams though it didn't take much. Just a reminder that the exams would determine whether they got to stay at Hogwarts. That seemed to get Hermione more focused on her studies than on figuring out which teacher was after the sorcerer's stone.
Alexandra also managed to get back to normal with Snape. He didn't ask anymore questions about how she'd known he was a death eater and she certainly didn't offer up any answers.

"Professor, will you ever teach me legilimency?" She groaned as he quizzed her on the unforgivable curses.

"What's the rush? Is there a particular mind you'd like to get into?"

"It's Easter next week, and I haven't learnt anything practical since before Christmas."

"You have a point."

"So can we do legilimency?"

"We'll start with the theory-"

"We've already done the theory."

"No we haven't."

"I have."

"And how exactly did you come to read up on the theory? It's not in any of your books, nor is it readily available in the library."

"I used your note to get into the restricted section again. I was bored."

"Alexandra, I thought we agreed to use the note responsibly."

"I was using it responsibly! I was trying to find more literature on Ziegla Hammer and her knowledge of unicorns and it led me to the legilimency section. And you can't expect me not to be curious."

"Have you attempted the practical on your own?"

"No. I might get stuck in another's mind if I'm not careful. I know there's a reason untrained witches shouldn't be attempting legilimency alone and why all the theory on it is in the restricted section. See? Responsibly!"

"What else have you been looking at?"

"Just legilimency. I read all about Queenie Goldstein."

"And what did you make of her?" Alexandra shrugged.

"Powerful."

"No other opinion?"

"I don't believe everything I read." Snape let out a chuckle.

"And what made you decide to look for information on Ziegla Hammer?"

"I was interested after her book."

"The book that was empty and made you pass out?"

"It didn't make me pass out."

"Alex, you're not exactly... faint of heart. If you want to lie to me, make it believable."

"I don't want to lie to you."

"So don't."

"Do I still get to do exams at the end of this year? I know I already passed the exams my teachers gave me, but I don't want to have to sit out classes."

"Yes, you get to do the exams. It's an odd way to phrase it. Students don't generally see it as a reward. Exams are usually punishment."

"I like tests. I'm good at them."

"Yes, you are."

"Can we learn legilimency? You're a really good legilimens and I like that whole 'my eyes are piercing your soul' look you do and I want to do it to Hermione and freak her out."