Chap 16: overprotective

Jimin rested his chin on the softness of his palm, staring out into vast city that past him. The morning had been nice, something they hadn't done in awhile. Just being a family having breakfast together. He couldn't lie he enjoyed it, a weight off his shoulders that his father liked the alpha he had chosen. It meant a lot to him what his father thought about who he decided his mate would be.

His father was probably even more picky than he was about who is alpha would be. Youngjae cared a great deal about his sons and wanted to make sure whoever they choose would treat them right. Nothing like how his first mate treated him.  They deserve someone who actually loves them, looked after them and cherished them like the angels they were.

"Guess you've met my family now, suppose that means we're official." Jimin mumbles still looking out the window, his ears perked up when he heard his alpha laugh.

He cranes his neck to the side, seeing Jungkook smiling, eyes twinkling glancing his direction.

"I think it does Jimin, can't get rid of me now. Your father rather likes me, even told me to come round anytime I want." Jungkook said cockily, proud of that fact.

Jimin snorts at him, rolling his eyes mischievously at his over excited alpha. Clearly the sugar from breakfast had started kicking in. He was no longer the grumpy alpha he is when he wakes up.

"He says that to every guest, he was just being nice. Don't take it to heart, he'll never like you as much as he likes me. I'm his favourite." Jimin sticks his tongue out playfully, earning a teasing slap from his alpha.

"Shut up! He totally loves me, I'm like the son he never got to have." Jungkook clutches his heart, pretending to thorn.

Jimin can only laugh at him, thinking the alpha ridiculous but also very charming in his dorky ways.

"Whatever, I'm still the favourite though." Jimin has the last laugh, both smiling as Jungkook drove.

Jungkook stops outside the familiar cafe, a gruelling sense of discerning protectiveness comes flooding Jungkook's brain. He didn't like nor feel comfortable with the idea of breaking Jimin back to the place where his abusive father attacked him.

"Are you sure about this? I don't think you should be here right now, what if he comes back? I don't like the thought of you being here by yourself." Jungkook shifts in his seat, keeping a firm-almost smothering grip on his thigh.  

"I'll be fine, it's fine. I can handle him Kook-ah, I've had to all my life. Don't worry about me." Jimin really didn't want him worrying about him because it meant in his mind Jungkook didn't think he was strong enough to look after himself.

He knew that wasn't what Jungkook meant, knew he never once saw him as a weak omega only good for producing children. He saw him as so much more than that, someone who was strong but he still couldn't rid his mind of the insecurities bored into him from a young age by his dominating alpha father.

Being an omega was seen as a curse, a defect that made you weak and lesser in his father's eyes. And for so long he believed him, thought omegas were the rut of society, pathetic good for nothing. But his omega father proved all his father's brute believes to shame-he wasn't a burden or a low life. He was the only good thing in his life, only shining star in a world of darkness that Yuygeom had brought upon them.

"But I am worrying about you Jimishi, why don't we just go home? I think your boss will understand." Jungkook starts the car again, wanting to get as far away from this place as he possibly could.

"Stop Kook!" Jimin pulls on the break, stopping him from driving anywhere. "Seriously I'll be fine, you know you don't have to worry about me. I'm not some helpless omega in need of protection all the time."