Chapter 4.

Songs for this chapter are:

Wildest Dreams- Taylor Swift

Blank Space- Taylor Swift

Night Changes- One Direction

Change Your Ticket- One Direction (these don''t really match what's happening but this album is just perfect so go with it okay? lol.)

Cherry Wine- Hozier

He woke up one night, months after he met her. He rolled over to find her cradled against him, her legs wrapped around his. He had never felt anything like this before, his pain felt so dimmed but his heart and mind so electric at once and he had no history with anything of the sort. He wanted to wake her, he wanted to confess his sins to his angel that night but she woke at the exact moment he was going to ask for forgiveness and he didn't have the strength. He was a coward and a liar and he knew it. He could only hope that she would have mercy on him. Her eyes fluttered and searched for him and he felt a crushing weight on him. He couldn't ruin who she thought he was but he was terrified of their future for he learned as a child that every lie made in the dark becomes an evil truth in the light.

The sound of laughing and a dog barking wakes me from my three hour sleep. I never get much sleep anyway, but I would appreciate a little peace in the hallways, considering it's a Monday morning and I have class in, I reach for my phone and check the time.

8:43.

Fuck, I have less than thirty minutes to get to my Literature class and why the hell is there a dog in this house anyway?

Grabbing last night's black jeans from the floor, I pull them over my legs, stumbling slightly and cursing at the tight fabric. My legs are just too damn long to wear baggy jeans without looking like fucking Gumbo.

I tossed my keys onto the flloor last night so I'm subjected to rummage through the clutter of shit to find them. Black t-shirts, dirty black jeans, and filthy socks crowd the floor.

I make my way through the house, ignoring the tell-tale signs of last night's party. Logan waves to me, bags under his eyes and an energy drink in his hands.

"I feel like shit, man." He groans, trying to smile. He's always smiling and I catch myself wondering what that would feel like. To be happy all the time like he is.

"You've got the right idea, not drinking." Logan says and walks over to the fridge. He pulls out a half gallon of milk and drinks it straight from the plastic.

"Nice." I shake my head at him and he smiles, drinking more milk. The kitchen starts to fill up with other member of the fraternity and since I'm not in their clique, I grab a peice of pizza from last night's drunken decision to order ten pizzas at four a.m.

As I'm leaving the room, I hear Neil asking everyone if they want to go to some restaraunt tonight before the party. I didn't expect them to invite me, they never do. It's not that I woud ever be caught dead hanging out with a bunch of dumbass frat boys with too much gel in their hair.

My mum's always giving me a hard time about "making friends" but she doesn't get it. It's not that fucking easy or remotely entertaining.

Why would I put myself out there to get the approval of people I can't stand, just to feel slightly more important in life. I don't need friends. I have a small group of people I can slightly tolerate and that's more than enough for me.

By the time I get to campus, the parking lot is almost full and I have to cut some douche-bag in a beamer off to take his spot.

The Professor is already blabbing when I enter the lecture room. I look around the space, searching for an empty seat and immediately notice the girl in the front row. Her long blond hair is mildly recongziable, it's the long skirt touching the floor that confirms it. It's Tessa, Steph's prudish roommate.