Chapter 16 The Thing with Feathers

(A.N. Every chapter is around 2 weeks apart unless said so in the beginning. Also, sorry for not updating very frequently. I am working and doing school at the same time and guess who just got sick. :) I gotchu guys though. Enjoy this chapter!) 

Paityn had come back from an appointment only to go straight back to work. She was exactly 9 weeks along today and when she got to work she could see Nick pacing due to his vacation incoming. 

"Nick, shouldn't you be in your car with Julliet on vacation right now?" Paityn asked. Hank looked at Paityn and raised his arms. 

"That's what I said!" He exclaimed. "Nick, just go. The wheels of justice will keep turning, at least for one weekend." Hank sighed. Paityn chuckled a small bit walking over to Nick putting her hand on his shoulder. 

"You better get your butt in that car. Otherwise, Isaac Fox Renard is gonna beat your butt when he's grown up." Paityn smirked. Their heads whipped in her direction.

 "Wait, you found out the gender?" Nick asked. 

"No. I don't find that out till 14 weeks. At least, I hope so. But I'm betting it's a boy and Sean is betting it's a girl." Paityn laughed. 

"What does Sean want to name the baby if it's a girl?" Hank asked. 

"Aurora Snow Renard." Paityn shrugged. "Doesn't roll off the tongue." They nodded and Nick sighed. 

"Okay. I'm going." He said. Hank sighed beginning to walk back to his desk. 

"Good." He said. He turned around seeing Nick still in the same place. Paityn crossed her arms over her chest. 

"Nicky. You aren't leaving." Paityn said. 

"What if she says no?" Nick asked quietly as they headed over to the desks. 

"She's not gonna say no to a romantic weekend with you," Hank said. That's when Nick pulled out a ring.

"Oh shit. You're finally gonna do it." Paityn smiled a small bit. 

"Yeah, I'm thinking a romantic dinner with-" Nick started but Hank interrupted him. 

"Listen. Take it from me, the where doesn't matter as much as the who." Hank smiled. Nick nodded and grabbed a leaflet out of his pocket. 

"Well, if you both need me..." He started and Paityn chuckled. 

"We won't need you. No offense." Paityn shrugged. 

"None taken. But here is the number of the place I'm staying at." Nick said. He handed the leaflet to Hank who read it out loud. 

"Whispering pines. For the rest of your life. Will you get out of here now?" Hank said. 

"Yes, I'm going! You're gonna miss me!" Nick grabbed his jacket beginning to finally leave. 

"No, we won't." Paityn joked making Hank snicker.

"Au revoir, auf wiedersehen, arrivederci," Nick said. He walked out and Paityn sighed in relief. 

"Damn. He needs this vacay." Paityn shook her head looking at some of the paperwork on her desk. 

"Seriously." Hank sighed. Within an hour of doing paperwork, Hank was intensely focused on his screen. 

"Bro. What has gotten you so intently focused on your screen?" Paityn asked turning her chair to face him. 

"Nothing of importance." He said. He sat up a bit more when Wu came over to them sitting in Nick's chair. 

"Any big plans for tonight?" He asked.