Chapter 12 - Cookie-Cutter

I pulled into my parking spot on Monday morning, excited that I was still allowed to attend school. My mom had tried to convince me to stay home again this morning as one last failed attempt to get me to change my mind. She was still uncertain that this was actually going to help me get into Yale so now I had to do everything in my power to prove her wrong. 

I locked my helmet into my seat compartment and the next thing I knew, there were hands covering my eyes, "guess who?" whispered a deep voice. 

I would recognize my Guy's voice anywhere and laughed, shaking him off so that I could turn around and kiss him. He tasted like peppermint toothpaste and the way he weaved his fingers through the back of my hair sent a flutter through my stomach. I will never get tired of kissing him.

 Once we pulled away, I looked up and into those beautiful blue eyes, "how are you out of class right now?" I mused.

"The bell already rang," he informed, kissing me one more time.

"Crap, I must have driven slower than usual," I thought out loud, "guess I'll just have to suck it up and enjoy having you walk me to class!"

"My thoughts exactly," he intertwined his fingers with mine and opened the door for me. We stayed near the wall, letting the herd of people pass us as Oscar escorted me to the theatre. It was comforting to have him here with me because, to be honest, I've been slightly nervous about coming to school today and having to see Austin and Sarah.

I called Oscar last night to let him know that everything was okay and that my mom wanted to meet him properly next time. We also talked about what today was going to be like and how I should try and move past the whole Austin situation. Oscar told me to keep my head up and not let him get to me. The one thing giving me comfort right now is knowing that I have plenty of friends in this school that would be there for me, no matter what.

Once we reached the doors to the auditorium, Oscar turned and pushed a loose curl behind my ear, "you're are going to be fine today. You are a strong and brilliant woman who can handle both the highschool jackass and queen bee minion," he assured, "but, if you ever feel uncomfortable, you know you can always text me and I'll be there in an instant."

I felt a rush of confidence course through me and smiled, "thank you. It's nice to know that my Guy is now just a hallway away whenever I need him."

"Anytime," he smiled. He pulled out his phone to check the time and sighed, "I better get going, I need to change into my very attractive and stylish gym clothes. See you for lunch?"

I held up my lunch bag to show him that I had packed one liked promised, "you betcha."

"Great. See you soon my lovely goofball," he kissed me on the cheek before promptly turning on his heels to dash down the hall towards the gym. Once he disappeared from view, I took a deep breath and walked into the theater.

As soon as I sat down I felt the seat next to me be taken and I looked up to find Drew smirking at me.

"What?" I asked, looking down to make sure my buttons hadn't come undone on my shirt or something.

"Oh nothing, just thought your boyfriend would have the guts to kiss you on the mouth by now or something," he joked.

"Not that you need to know this, but he gave me a proper kiss as soon as I got here, you just didn't see it," I stated, blushing a little.

"Pics or it didn't happen, that's all I'm saying," he shrugged his shoulders and pulled out his phone.

We sat together, waiting for the class to start, Drew scrolling through Instagram, me looking around nervously for either Sarah or Austin to arrive. Just when I thought I was going to be safe from having to see them today, they appeared at the same time and started to head in our direction. Drew must have sensed my mood change and looked up from his phone through his dark hair and rolled his eyes.