Stressing

This is just a filler chapter before Tom's birthday. Next chapter will be longer, sorry for the shortness.

December 30th. Tom and Katherine had decided to keep Nagini in the room of requirements to prevent any more accidents.

They were in the great hall for breakfast. "What if they find the body?" Katherine asked.

Tom watched as she poured half the bottle of syrup onto her stack of pancakes and created a mountain of whipped cream on top.

"They won't"he replied.

Katherine practically devoured the pancakes in less that a minute, not even chewing. "What what if they do?"

"Then we'll probably end up in Azkaban for hiding the body and bringing the snake into the school" Tom said.

Katherine grabbed a chocolate chip muffin and took a gigantic bite out of it "that sucks" she mumbled.

She scarfed down the rest of the muffin and then ate a cookie.

"Did you not eat anything last night?" Tom asked.

"Yes, why?" She said as she bit down into another cookie.

Tom shook his head " no reason."

***

They walked down the hallways to the library.

"Tom m'boy!" Slughorn called from behind them.

Katherine froze "he knows" she whispered to Tom.

Tom glared at her and then turned to look at Slughorn.

"Yes professor?" He asked politely.

Slughorn smiled "I was wondering if..." He stopped mid sentence. The sounds of Katherine munching on a chocolate bar interrupting them.

She took three ginormous bites and then chewed. She looked up and saw that Tom and Slughorn were staring at her.

"What?"she asked, taking another bite.

"Katherine dear, have you not eaten?" Slughorn asked.

She looked at him confused "yes, why?"

He shook his head "no reason."

Katherine eyed him suspiciously, munching on her chocolate bar.

"You were saying sir?" Tom asked, taking the attention away from Katherine.

Slughorn slapped his forehead "I completely forgot" he said then walked away.

They walked a couple more steps until Dumbledore turned the corner and started to walk in their direction.

Katherine immediately opened another chocolate bar.

"Good day" Dumbledore said, walking towards them.

"Ha ha ha"Katherine awkwardly laughed. "Amazing day! Best day ever!"she cheered as she stuffed the entire bar into her mouth. She pulled out another one from her pocket.

Dumbledore looked at her oddly and then continued to walk away.

"What's wrong with you?" Tom hissed.

Katherine didn't answer, instead she bit into her newly opened chocolate bar.

***

Tom sat in the common room reading his book The Great Gatsby. Tom looked up from his book and saw Katherine staring into the fire nervously and shovelling down spoons of ice cream.

Tom sighed and closed his book. "Katherine?" He said.

Katherine didn't answer, she continued to devour the ice cream.

"Katherine?" Tom said louder.

She looked over at him, still eating the ice cream "what?"

"Stop. Eating." He said.

Katherine looked at him strangely "why?"

"Your stress eating, you've been doing it all day." Tom replied.

"No I haven't." She said as she ate another spoon full of ice cream.

Tom walked up to her and took a seat beside her. "when they do find the body, if they find the body, it'll be decomposed. No traces left behind."

"No traces left behind?" She asked, lowering the bucket of ice cream.

"Non at all, no way to figure out who did it." He said as he took the spoon from her.

"No way to figure out who did it" she told herself and dropped the ice cream. "Why do I feel so full all of a sudden?" She asked, clutching her stomach.

Tom chuckled "maybe because you devoured a stack of pancakes, about 20 chocolate bars, a piece of pie, 4 cookies, 2 pieces of cake and a tub of ice cream."

Katherine awkwardly laughed "Oh... That's why"