Chapter 4: Video Call

Uma and I ruled the Isle with iron fists, of course consulting with each other, and our 'council'. I spoke with Gabriella, Mads, Harriet- and occasionally I'd listen to Gracie, daughter of Gaston.  And of course, Uma had her pirate crew, including her first mate, Harry Hook, who at my request, Uma forbade him to flirt with me at council 'meetings'. But today I was called up to Maleficent's castle.  Apparently they had some special surprise for the Vk's in Boradon, and they forced me to join them.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear" Maleficent said.

"Is it...is it...is it?" 

"Press enter" Jafar suggested. 

"Can I please see the remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, its broken. Ugh- I hate electronic equip-OH"

I pressed the on button and the 4 vks, and some brunette woman in a bluish light purple dress with a pink bow appeared on screen.

"EVIE! Its mommy! Oh look how beautiful! Oh you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree!" Evil Queen gushed. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent said. I couldn't help but snicker.

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella exclaimed.

"This is Fairy Godmother" Mal said, not noticing that I was in the corner, feet on the table, maybe the screen cut me out, because none of them seemed to notice me.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" 

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!" FG cried out indignantly.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella until 1 A.M? I mean really, what? The hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"

"They were mice! They were not- they were mice! They were not..."

"Thank you so much, thank you" Mal said.

"They were mice" FG muttered, her face close to the screen.

"Hi Mom" 

"M-Mal! I m-missed you"

"You children are never far from our thoughts!" Jafar said in a more convincing tone. But we all knew the truth, they just wanted the wand, well- Jafar was questionable, he wasn't as bad as the others, though Evil Queen was probably more concerned about Evie getting a prince than the wand.

"I got it"

"How long must mommy wait to see you?" Maleficent asked. I snorted, Mal and I hadn't called Maleficent 'mommy' since we were 3.  And I still barely called her mom, or mother for that matter.

"Um- there's a big coronation coming up. I think- some time probably after that"

"When?"

"Friday, 10 A.M"

"You sure I can't see you before then? I don't know what I'll do if I can't get my hands on that wan-" EQ, Cruella, and Jafar smacked her lightly, before she could say it.

"YOU! You little nugget that I love so much!" she covered up in a sickeningly fake sweet tone.

"Yes I completely understand mother"

"Carlos! IS THAT A DOG? OH YES, YES BABY. I DO UNDERSTAND. IT WOULD MAKE THE PERFECT SIZE FOR EARMUFFS"

"He the perfect size for a pet!"

"Oh!"

I was surprised that Carlos got over his fear of dogs, but standing up to his mother? Now that was a wake up call! And I was loving every second of it.

"This dog loves me and I love him. FYI, YOUR DOG IS STUFFED!"

"OH!"

 "SO GIVE IT A REST!"

"Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar yelled, high fiving me.

"Hey, who's back there in the corner?" Jay asked.

"Oh no one important" Maleficent said waving him off. I ignored it.

"OH WHY DON'T YOU GO SELL A TOASTER, YOU TWO BIT SALESMAN!"

"PEOPLE WHO TALK TO STUFFED ANIMALS SHOULDN'T THROW STONES!"

"OH WELL PEOPLE WHO SELL TOASTERS SHOULDN'T USE MIXED METAPHORS!" Cruella yelled. The screen went black.

"URGH! LOOK WHAT YOUR BICKERING JUST DID!" Maleficent screamed.

"We have all the information we need, the coronation will be on the royal channel this Friday" EQ soothed, as I grabbed my bag.

"They better not ruin this" Maleficent threatened, not talking to anyone in particular. But I knew one thing, if they didn't pull this off, they were either dead, or going to be dead when I get my hands on them for leaving me on this floating hunk of rock, while they live the dream life in Auradon. If they broke the barrier down, then I'd be more than willing to forgive them, if not- well we all know what happens when you anger a Lady of the Underworld.

Friday came along quickly, and I watched the Auradon royal network for the first time, and I was ready to get off this stupid island.