[ fifteen ]

| new plan |

s c i e n c e

"Hello?"

Celeste suppresses the urge to groan as her call is answered, no longer able to back out of her decision.

Back in the Avengers Tower, the former acrobat surprisingly found herself with free time on her hands after changing out of her suit - and in the spur of a moment, dialed a number and pressed call before she even realized what she was doing.

Tony and Bruce are arguing over the cradle a few feet away, Clint is downstairs attempting to track Natasha, Brielle was ushered onto a private jet by Tony so she could be in the safety of her own home, and Steve has yet to return, which leaves no one paying any attention to Celeste's conversation.

"Hey, Sam," she greets, pacing the darkened lab as she sips on a smoothie. "I'm guessing you've already listened to my last message?"

"Yeah, your rant was so long, it shut down my phone," he jokes. "But, something tells me you weren't actually calling to thank me for something that happened years ago."

"You're not wrong," Celeste mumbles, her pace quickening as her nerves skyrocket. "I've been meaning to talk to you about this for a while now, but you're going to think I'm crazy as soon as I say it."

"I already know you're crazy; we met when you were falling out of the sky," Sam points out, bringing her to smile. "And there's nothing you can say that could possibly be crazier than some of the shit Steve has said to me."

Celeste let's out a laugh, suddenly feeling more reassured about the situation than she has in a while. Taking one last drink of her smoothie, she decides to spill the truth and get it over with.

"I'm your sister."

The line goes quiet for several moments and she braces herself for whatever reaction he may have to the news.

"I know."

Celeste's pacing comes to a halt, not prepared in the slightest for such a calm response.

"What do you mean you know?" She questions incredulously. "How could you possibly know such a thing?"

"I recognized you as soon as we met, but I wasn't positive it was really you. When I bumped into you at the circus, it all sort of clicked," Sam admits, a nostalgic sadness lacing his tone. "I didn't know if you remembered me, so I didn't say anything. I didn't want to risk scaring you off and losing you again."

"I should've said something sooner," Celeste breathes out, wanting to wrap the distraught man in a hug. She's brought back to the problem at hand as Tony accidentally bumps into her, and she knows her free time is dwindling to an end. "I'm a little busy with this Ultron mess right now, but would you want to have lunch with me one day so we can talk?"