Chapter 5: Coronation

Holly's outfit:

Picture the skull necklace as earrings and put her blue crystal necklace in its place

"At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation where Prince Benjamin will soon be crowned king! I'm Snow White, bringing you up to the second coverage of who's the fairest of them all."

"Oh. Oh, me?" a princess with brown hair and a hideously pink dress said.

"Oh, Fairy Godmother is looking radiant. But what is happening with Jane's hair? And there is Fairy Godmother's wand!"

"Oh and here comes Ben now!"

What I saw next shocked me.  In the carriage with Prince Ben was my twin sister, Mal in a lavender princess gown with a high collar, her hair up in a purple bun. Never did I expect to see Mal in a dress, let alone dating a prince. He ate some kind of brownie to Mal's dismay, even if she was the one who made it for him.  Later on, I saw him slide a ring on her finger and kiss her hand. But I couldn't hear what they were saying.  Did I mention I'm watching this at Mads' place? Well I am, and we're equally as shocked.

"Princess! Now, let's see who this beauty is wearing. Evie"

"Someone named Evie designed her gown"

Ben and Mal spoke to who I assumed was Belle and Beast, I could just imagine how angry Gaston was, watching them.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?"

"I do solemnly swear"

"Then it is my honor, and my joy to bless our new king-" she said before the wand was snatched from her hand.  I felt magic flow through my veins, there was only one problem, I didn't know how to use it.  Mads and I made a run for the edge of the barrier, another problem- the boats were taken and neither of us knew how to swim. But before we could even try, the barrier reappeared, but not before Maleficent teleported off the island. The people of Auradon were in for a wicked surprise. Sulkily, I went back to the TV. And what I saw enraged me.

"Your parents made their choice. Now you make yours."

"I think I want to be good."

"You are good"

"How do you know that?!"

"Because... Because I'm listening to my heart."

"I want to listen to my heart, too. And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents. I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy!"

"YEAH!" a boy from the crowd yelled.

"And you, scratching dude's belly makes you happy. Who would've thought? And Evie... You do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart. And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Ben. Because Ben makes me really happy. Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys."

"I choose good, too."

"I choose good"

"So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really, really mad."

"Your parents can't reach you here" 

Boy were they in for a nasty surprise.

"Okay, then. Good."

"Come on."

"I'm back!"

"It can't be. Go away, mother."

"She's funny. Oh! I'm so... you're very funny. Here. Wand me. Chop chop." 

"No!"

"Bibbidi-bobbidi..."

"BOO!"

" Psych. Ooh. Ooh, in another time, in another time. Evil like me, don't you wanna be mean... Ow! Oh. Oh, no. Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs. Where shall we begin? I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this? Perfect fit! Oh, excuse me. Pardon me. Excuse me. The horns, the horns! Aw... Falling in love is weak... And ridiculous. It's not what you want."

"You don't know what I want! Mom, have you ever once asked me what I want? I'm not you!"

"Oh, obviously. I've had years and years and years and... Years of practice being evil. You'll get there."

"No, I will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself. Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing."

Then I realized something, my necklace was still glowing, the feeling of power hadn't left my veins, and my hair was on fire.  There had to have been a tiny hole in the barrier still- maybe if I just, I teleported off the island with Mads. But I wasn't sure where I was.  I had also brought Gabriella apparently.  Perhaps she was nearby when I cast the spell? I didn't recognize the place obviously, but there was one thing I saw, a small house. We were in the forest the seven dwarves lived in.  We rushed inside knowing the dwarves were at the coronation, and switched on the tv.

"I know one thing, young lady. You have no room for love in your life!"

"And now I command, wand to my hand! Ha! It worked!"

"I hardly think so. Frankly, this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand. Give me the wand!"

"Hold on, Mal. Maybe good really is more powerful than evil."

"Oh, please! You're killing me. Arf! Oh! Oh, the breath! The breath! Get off me! Gaston should be jealous. Enough! You all will regret this!"

I was beyond angry, they had chosen good. Without even a second thought about the people they left behind on the island. Now I wondered how I was even related to Mal, or why I was ever friends with any of them. But I wasn't stupid, I wouldn't go after them, I'd let them walk right into my trap.  First stop, the museum, I needed to go shoplifting for a few magical objects, and a bunch of spell books.