Waking Up (1)

It was warm and comfortable that Aki twisted and turned, trying to find a sweet spot and delaying waking up. He certainly did not want to leave his bed... or floor.

'Floor...?'

He opened his eyes slowly and blinked them a few times until his position and location registered to his foggy mind.

'Snuggling. I'm definitely snuggling,' Aki thought with a yawn. He could not stop his mouth from curling into a smile and closed his eyes once more. 'Who cares.' He was going to savor this moment.

As if he heard Aki's thoughts, Liam, who was still fast asleep, obliged and pulled Aki closer, allowing Aki to rest his head on the other's chest. With this kind of comfort, Aki drifted to sleep once more...

***

Aki blinked his eyes open and became suddenly aware of the warm body under him.

'Oh shoot.'

His hand automatically shot out to reach for his phone to check the time, only to remember that he left it on top of his bed last night. Begrudgingly, with immense effort, he lifted his body off of Liam's and grabbed his phone.

"10 am," he muttered. He breathed a sigh of relief, his head slumping on the side of the bed. They were not late for Liam's class but they would be if they did not move now.

He shook Liam's shoulder. "Liam wake up."

Liam groaned but still continued sleeping.

Aki tried once again, shaking his roommate a little harder. "Liam, wake up or you'll be late. Liam." His mind raced as he thought of other ways to wake up the other guy.

Liam cracked one of his eyes open. He looked up at Aki with bleary eyes which Aki found charming. He had to bite his lip to stop himself from smiling like a fool.

In a soft voice, Aki muttered, "Wake up, you sleepyhead."

"No..."

Aki chuckled. Never in his wildest dreams would he imagine Liam like this. He was always the charismatic and outgoing kind of guy, the type who does not seem to get tired and lazy. Not this Liam before him who scowled at the sunlight as if it was a nemesis. 'Adorable.' "You'll be late."

"I don't care," Liam grunted, his words were muffled by the pillow as he sank his head back to it.

Aki leaned, pinched his cheeks, and tugged at his roommate's arm lightly to get him to sit up. "You should. Come on, get up. We still need to go home and change."

Liam opened his eyes, just a tiny opening. Just when Aki thought that he would finally get up, a pair of arms wrapped around him, pulling him down until half of his body was sprawled on top of the other guy.

A laugh escaped from his lips. "Liam," he started but his words died in his throat when he realized that Liam was looking at him intently. His roommate reached upward, slow and deliberate, kissing Aki at the corner of his mouth.

Aki sagged as though his energy escaped him and surrendered to the trail of feathery kisses Liam peppered on his jaw. The sensation was sweet and addicting. But at this rate, some "accidents" might happen, some unnecessary firing might occur.

He moaned. "Alright, alright," he said untangling himself from Liam but not without some hesitation. "I'm starving. Follow me downstairs once you've changed."

Without looking back, Aki went out. But instead of going to the dining room, he went straight to the bathroom.