Chapter 26

Hiiiiiiiii, Clovers! I'm baaaaack! I have been very busy and thank you so much for your patience and support. Also, thank you for expressing your concerns. I was stressed and unable to write. So I had to get my right mind set back and recover. Also, on my last announcement regarding my date... Well, it never happened. *Sighed* And I'm glad since I found out a juicy bit about him and I can honestly say that dodged a bullet there. LOL Anyway–I am back and got my life in order. ;D

Your support by commenting and voting means alot to me and helps my story get recognition. So thank you!

Enjoy~

____________________________________________

Tristen

Nixie draws a line across the three o's. "I win!"

I chuckled as I signed, "You sure did." I stretched myself on the sand, lying on my stomach as I trailed my fingers in the sand for a new game of tic-tac-toe.

"Tristy," Nixie trailed a pattern into the sand.

I raised my head once I finished setting up the new game. "Hm?"

"If you didn't try to save me, you wouldn't be here." Still avoiding my gaze. Her lips trembled.

My jaw clenched and waved to get her attention. Nixie's large, baby blues raises. They were shiny and dark with guilt that no child should have. My chest tightened. I sat up and grabbed her to seat her on my tail near my waist, I hugged her tightly. "Never think that. Ever. It wasn't your fault. I would still do it if I saw into the future. I would've still tried."

She wept and a pearl drifted down into the sand. I grabbed it and held it in my hand, hiding the pearl. She signed, "I just want this to be over. I just want to go home."

An ache cruised across my chest and I swallowed thickly, "You will, Nixie, you will go home soon."

Nixie wrapped her small arms around my neck and cried, the pearls falling on my chest. I didn't have the heart to tell her to stop crying. She pulled back, sniffling. "When I asked Red if she was going to free us, she didn't lied. She was telling the truth."

Red... My chest twinged with something unknown.

I closed my eyes, considering my next words. "Nixie... Red is a woman, just like you will be one day. A woman with weaknesses and strengths, with flaws and talents and ability to fail or succeed. We should not expect her to overpass our expectations of her. Do you understand what I am trying to say?"

Nixie nodded, "Yes, I do." Then her eyes turn to me, staring deep into my eyes with wisdom beyond her years. "Unhooked fish swims faster."

I smiled, proud. "That's right."

"Prince Tristen?" She signed.

I jolted at her use of my title, "Yes?"

"Is Red your shi-amare?" She blinked, her blond hair wafting around her soft face.

I exhaled in defeat. "I hope not." The duties and responsibilities of being the crowned prince's shi-amare... isn't a life I wish for anyone.

She nodded, "She would be a pretty princess."

I twirled her blond hair and smiled. "Yes, she would have been."

    Zuri swam near us, "I did it!" She yelled out loud. I stiffened as I straightened up.

    Nixie raised her fingers, "Shhh!" Then she signed, "You can't talk!"

    Zuri frowned, "Who are you, little creature?" She was still speaking out loud.