Chapter 51 - ONE!

Amity's POV:

It feels like yesterday I was in the hospital giving birth to Lane, but just two days ago he turned one, yes he is a one-year-old (The same day as Sasha and Ryan's one year wedding anniversary). To celebrate his special day, we waited until the weekend so all of our family and friends could be together. Just like his Mommy and Daddy, Lane is obsessed with cars, one of his first words was broom broom, after Mommy and Daddy, so Chet and I have arranged a car theme party for him.

At this point I haven't returned to work yet and with Lane still being so little I really didn't like the idea of him going to daycare, but knowing that I will be going back soon, we have enrolled him in for one day a week so he can get used it while I'm home to collect him at any point if he gets upset or needs me, but so far he has been doing really well, he seems to really enjoy going and playing with the other babies and children. He has made so many little friends already, some of which I have invited to his birthday today.

"Everything is all set and ready to go." My mother calls happily as she makes her way into the kitchen.

"Thank you for all your help yet again." I smile as I finish helping Lane with his breakfast.

"Anything for my little man." She gushes as she makes her way over and kisses his head. "Look at him, he looks so much like you, those eyes and eyelashes, gosh he's going to be a heartbreaker for sure."

"If he's anything like Chet, I'm sure he will be." I laugh as I move his bowel and spoon away from him, not wanting him to make a mess on the clean floor.

"I'm so glad you and Chet are doing so well." She says as she sits down at the table with me. "I'll admit when you first told us you were pregnant, I was worried. You'd of only been officially together five months, and a baby is a big deal. But I really believe you two are made for each other and I'm so proud of you both."

"Thanks Mom." I give her a soft smile.

"We're all done sweetheart, the garage looks amazing." Chet announces with a grin as he makes his way into the kitchen

Because it's a car themed party, we thought, what better place than to have it in the garage and make use of the outdoor area. Like most functions, the boys spent the morning decorating the garage, hanging the decorations and setting the tables, while Mom did all the cooking with the help of Avery and I when she needed it.

"Alright little man, go and have some cuddles with Grandma before all your friends arrive." I talk to Lane with a smile as I stand to my feet and lift him out of his highchair, placing him down to his feet. Hurriedly he walks towards Mom, who picks him up with a smile.

"Look at you, you're so big now." She gushes, "You're walking, talking, where is my baby gone?" She questions as she tickles his belly, causing him to giggle.

Making my way toward Chet, I wrap my arms around him, snuggling into him. "Thank-you for setting everything up." I pull back from the hug and press a kiss to his lips. "You're the best, you know that?"

"Mmm," He hums, "I have this amazing woman in life who tells me all the time." He grins down at me.

***

Dressed in a casual blue cotton dress and some strappy sandals, I make my way downstairs, holding Lane's hand, helping him down each step. My long dark hair is out and curled, Chet's favorite look on me, and my makeup is light and natural, while Lane is looking cute in some black shorts and a causal T-shirt with the number one written in black.