-six-

It was the day of the choosing ceremony, the day where she chose whether to leave her family or stay with them. Yet the air in the Kennedy family's house, indicated everyone already knew what was going to happen.

Again, Annabelle had her hair in a french plait twirled into a low bun. Every little strand perfectly placed back off of her face.

Annabelle finally sat with her parents, all the other factions were sat down and talking, yet a nervous wave still washed over the entire room.

When all the 16 year olds were told to line up in reverse alphabetical order, Annabelle was over half way through the line. In front of her an Dauntless boy, and behind her a Amity girl. Neither looked nervous or conflicted, like Annabelle imagined she looked, they looked like they knew what they were doing, which was probably stay in their home factions.

Annabelle had always been told to trust the aptitude test, but when that test told you to leave the only place you've ever called home and the only people you've ever called family, it was hard to take what it had to say as serious as it should be taken.

Annabelle hasn't really payed much attention as factions were called out, and the dependants became initiates. That was until Caleb Prior transferred from Abnegation to Erudite. Annabelle couldn't deny the shock, despite many people staying away from her due to her un-Abnegation like antics, Caleb often made an effort to talk to her. He was as selfless as a person could get - or so she thought.

Only more shock filled her face, and the entire rooms, when Beatrice Prior also transferred, only not to Erudite, to Dauntless. The same path Annabelle was planning on taking.

The two Abnegation transfers in a row, didn't comfort the girl. In fact, it made her entirely more nervous to also leave the selfless faction. She wasn't thinking about herself, but the rumours of abuse that could re-arise due to many children leaving, and that was pretty Abnegation of her.

In a brief moment, Annabelle debated whether the test was wrong, whether Tobias' and even her own judgment was wrong. If in fact she did belong in Abnegation, and not Dauntless. If her acts of bravery in the simulation were actually acts of selflessness. The brunette debated whether to stay in the faction she grew up in or not.

Adrian Karine.

The Dauntless boy in front of the Abnegation girl was called up, yet as he walked towards Marcus Eaton and the five bowls for five factions, his legs buckled causing himself to lightly stumble forward. His brave, certain demeanour fading and being replaced by one of fear and embarrassment.

When his blood dropped and Candor was called out, the boy quickly walked to his new faction, as his old one let out grunts and boos at the now 'traitor'. Annabelle thought if this it was Abnegation thought when someone left. If they thought it was selfless of a child to choose what was right for themselves rather than staying for the sake of their parents, but they're too polite to say anything. Despite the thought, Annabelle really hoped not. She hoped her parents and little sister would be true to their word when they said they'd respect her decision and love her no matter what.

Because Annabelle Kennedy was called out by the Abnegation leader next, and she knew Abnegation was not where she belonged.