Peter Parker X Pregnant!Reader - Kiss Me

A/N- I listened to 'Kiss me' by Sixpence None The Richer whilst writing this chapter. Reader and Peter are both in their twenties in this one. It's a little short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

"Pete," you murmured softly, shaking his arm slightly as you attempted to shift into a sitting position on your own. You had been finding it gradually harder to sleep over the last month or so. The weight of the baby resting on you and their constant need to move around at the complete worst moments left you longing for a single night of absolute peace that continued to escape you. Peter, on the other hand, was sleeping beside you, perfectly content as he snored away. "Petey," you repeated, shaking him a little harder.

"Mhm," Peter responded softly, blinking slightly against the light of your bedside lamp. "I'm awake," he added, running his hand through his messy hair, and giving you a sweet lopsided smile. For a moment, you felt bad about waking him, and then the baby shifted again, his foot pressing against your bladder and causing you to sigh.

"Your son won't stop moving," you muttered, reaching out to smooth down the parts of his hair that stood up on end. 

Peter groaned slightly, sitting up. "Again?" He leant close to your belly, tutting quietly. "Little man, you have to let your mother sleep." His hand came up to run over your baby bump, a small smile breaking out as he thought about the child inside. 

"I need to move, anyway," you grumbled, "I'm getting a cramp in my leg."

"You wanna go for a walk?" You watched Peter for a moment, and then gave a quick nod. Peter was one of the most dedicated men you had ever met, and you had known immediately that he would be a great father. And God, he was being so good with you, especially now that you were getting so uncomfortable as your pregnancy neared it's end.

Peter came around the bed, helping you to your feet and pressing a soft kiss to your lips. He kept you that way for a moment, his hands resting on your cheeks and smiling down at you. "Baby," you uttered softly, "this is sweet an' all, but I need to move before my leg seizes up."

The laugh Pete released was cute, a little snort escaping him so suddenly and startling him in the process. "Come on then," he chuckled back, helping you to your feet and kissing you once more. "Where are we going this evening?"

"No need to go somewhere fancy," you told him as he knelt to help you get your feet into your boots, "just around the grounds should be fine."

"You sure? We could get a cab down to central park, it'll only take a few minutes," he started, but you simply shook your head.

"No, I like it here." You smiled as he stood, holding up a jacket for you to slip your arms into. You probably looked a real sight; eight months pregnant and dressed in fluffy pyjamas, combat boots, and a denim jacket. 

Pete chuckled again as you shifted to look at yourself in the mirror, your hands smoothing over your stomach. "You look beautiful," he told you, " as always."

"Ooh," you exclaimed quietly, "my husband the smooth talker, at it again," you murmured as he took your hand in his, leading you out of your room and into the rest of the Avenger's facility.

When you stepped out into the grounds there was a chill in the air, and you could smell the faint scent of rain from earlier in the evening. "Just watch your step, angel. Can't have you slipping or something."

You nodded your understanding, following him down onto the grass and glancing up at the sky. There were no clouds to be seen, and the whole place was littered with stars. That was one of the best things about where you lived; just far enough away from the city to avoid the light pollution. The moon lit your path, down towards the tree line and back, as had become the ritual on nights where you couldn't sleep.

As you reached the first tree, you paused for a moment, pulling Peter to stop with you. "It's so pretty out here," you told him softly, smiling when his arm came to rest around your shoulders. 

"Weird to think that in a months time we'll have a kid," Peter suddenly spoke up, causing you to lower your eyes to him.

"Yeah," you uttered, "are you nervous?" Pete nodded, barely noticeable in the moonlight. "You shouldn't be, you're gunna be a great dad." You leant into him slightly, feeling his arm tighten around you. "Kiss me."

Peter did as he was told, pressing his lips to yours softly and smiling against you. One of his hands came to rest on your hip, gently moving you into a soft sway, dancing to a silent song. His other hand took yours, drawing you closer to him and continuing to sway with you. 

You chuckled bringing your arm up to rest over his shoulder. "You are such a romantic," you muttered to him, but he cut you off with another sweet kiss, leaving you silent.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x