two.

❏— Chapter Two
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Yeji

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The continuous knocking on the door woke Soobin from his nap. He looked at his phone and saw that it's around seven in the evening already.

"Soobin dear, are you asleep?"

He heard his grandmother from the other side of the door as she knocks. Soobin's glad that his grandmother at least respects his privacy and doesn't just barge in inside of his room unlike his parents back home.

"I'm awake now, grandma," Soobin got up from the comfortable bed to open the door.

His grandmother chuckled, seeing the pillow marks on his cheeks but didn't commented on it.

"Oh good, let's eat dinner first okay? I've prepared a delicious meal for you."

Soobin didn't notice how hungry he was until she mentions dinner.

He followed his grandmother like a lost puppy to the kitchen and he is immediately greeted by the sight of delicious home cooked meals.

He couldn't help but let out a quiet 'wow' after seeing all the food.

"Stop staring at the meals, dear and take a seat. You can't taste it just by staring at it."

Soobin complied to what his grandmother told him and took a seat.

He waited for his grandmother to take a bite first before digging in, "Thank you for the meal."

He can't remember the last time he had this much home cooked meals at home because they usually just order take-outs because of how busy his parents are with work. His mother doesn't even make an effort to cook for them anymore since Soobin's the only one living with them because all of his siblings are all away for college while some are already working.

"Eat slowly, you might choke if you continue on doing that," his grandmother shook her head at her grandson but can't help but smile as she can see that he's eating really well.

Soobin swallowed all the food first before answering her, "I'm sorry grandma but everything's just so delicious, I can't help it."

"Grandma? Grandma?"

Soobin heard a soft voice calling for his grandma outside their house.

"That must be Yeji already. Soobin dear, can you kindly open the front door please?"

Soobin's eyes widened, he wanted to refuse but knew very well not to even try. He nodded at her before making his way towards their front door.

"Relax, Soobin..  you just need to open the door. You don't even have to talk to her." Soobin tells himself.

He reluctantly reaches for the door handle and slowly opens it to reveal a girl --- probably around his age, carrying a box that looks quite heavy judging by the way she's struggling to carry it.

"Oh hello! I haven't seen you around before. Is grandma there? I'm here to return these gardening tools I borrowed from her yesterday," she beamed at Soobin, not even stuttering a bit even though she just met him.

How can someone even do that? Like be immediately friendly to someone they just met. If it was the other way around --- Soobin might've collapsed on the spot and he's not even kidding.

Soobin didn't return her smile and reached for the box instead, quite worried that she might break if she carries it for a minute longer.

He's right, the box is really heavy, he doesn't even know how she managed to carry it all the way from her house to theirs.