four.

❏— Chapter Four
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ The Choi's

Soobin, who was shocked to have gotten at least two hours of sleep, woke up while it was still dark outside.

He wonders why, for someone who has trouble falling asleep at night, he wakes up so early since it's very typical of him to do so before the sun has even risen.

To at least make up for his lack of sleep, Soobin is grateful that his bed is comfortable enough.

Though he doubts it, he wonders if his grandmother will allow him to spend the entire day in bed. Knowing her, he can assume that she will urge him to leave the house and socialize with the locals, which would be a nightmare for him, especially if he ran into the Yeji girl again.

He would give anything for his grandmother to let him spend the entire summer break indoors, not just for the day.

Soobin noticed that there was no air conditioning in his room other than the ceiling fan, so he left his window open last night. As a result, he can now feel the morning breeze filling his entire bedroom.

While waiting for the sun to rise, Soobin relaxes on his bed and looks out his window.

Normally at this time, he is already dragging himself out of bed to get to school, but now that it is summer break, he is at a loss for what to do and feels as though he has an endless supply of free time.

As if he hasn't been awake for a while, his grandmother knocks on his door to wake him up.

He should come down and join her for breakfast, she says as she peers through the door.

You can blame Soobin's growling stomach for not even bothering to wash up before going down with his grandmother.

Right after he finishes eating his breakfast, his grandmother's already ordering him to do some errands for her. "Bin-ah, can you deliver these flowers to Mrs. Choi?"

"Huh?" Soobin asks, pretending like he didn't understand her.

His grandmother picked up the box full of flowers before giving it to him.

"Deliver these flowers to Mrs. Choi okay dear? Her son should be the one picking it up but she called and asked if I can have it delivered there."

"Uhm... I don't even know her though?" Soobin reasoned out, scratching his head, "I might get lost and these flowers might not be as fresh and pretty anymore by the time I get to her."

His grandmother didn't listen to his attempt to get away from the errand. She told him that she's a hundred percent sure that he will not get lost because her diner's really easy to find.

So that's how Soobin ended up walking to the diner to deliver the flowers to Mrs. Choi after taking a quick bath.

----

The walk to the diner takes less than ten minutes, and the diner is easy to spot with its bright yellow exterior, which is too bright for Soobin's eyes.

Soobin approaches the diner's entrance and reluctantly opens the front door. He heard a light 'ting,' which indicated a new customer.

He noticed a few customers eating breakfast a few tables away from the front door, as well as a woman in her mid-forties behind the counter, who was already smiling at him.

"Good morning." She greeted him while smiling widely, "You can sit anywhere, I'll bring you the menu."

"Uhm, I'm actually not here to eat." Soobin rubbed the back of his neck, "My grandmother told me to bring these flowers to you."