five.

❏- Chapter Five
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Kai and Taehyun

Yeonjun's friends show up 10 minutes later with a long list of excuses prepared for sleeping in when they were supposed to be there earlier.

Since Yeonjun slept in as well, he really shouldn't be the one making complaints, but Soobin decided to refrain from responding because doing so would be rude.

"A new face yey! I'm honestly getting tired of seeing Jun hyung's face for the whole summer." The boy who seems like he's mixed says, making the other one laugh and Yeonjun complaining.

Soobin's not sure if he should be laughing with him so he just let out a small chuckle.

Yeonjun flicked the boy's forehead, "Yah! I'm still three years older than you and you shouldn't be disrespecting me like this."

"Oh I forgot how old you are already. Sorry, grandpa!"

"Twenty one's not that old you little punk!"

Soobin's feeling more and more out of place as he continued staring at the three who kept on bickering with each other.

The more he stares at them, the more he wishes that he's at Seoul right now, spending time with Beomgyu. He must've been so lost in his thoughts because he felt someone tapping his left arm.

"Soobin? Are you okay?"

Soobin flinched and looked at Yeonjun. He wanted to say that he's not, but he doesn't want to be a burden to the people who he literally just met with his never ending problems --- they don't need to know about it anyway.

Soobin said the line that he's so used to saying, "U-uh yeah I'm okay, sorry I was just thinking about something."

"Oh okay." Yeonjun nodded, not asking anymore question, "I hope we are not annoying you, we're normally like this so yeah."

"Wait you guys haven't introduced yourselves yet. This is Soobin, he's Grandma Hyeja's grandson."

"Really? So you're the grandson she talks about to us all the time. I didn't know you'd be visiting this year."

Great, he hopes that his Grandma talks only about the good things about him.

"I'm Kai. I'm 18 and I can sense that you're older than me?" Kai babbled out and Soobin confirmed that he's indeed older, "So I can call you hyung right?"

Soobin nodded at the over enthusiastic boy who's literally like a ball of sunshine.

"And I'm Taehyun, I'm 18 too. Nice to meet you, Soobin hyung!"

"Nice to meet you too guys," Soobin smiled at the two younger boys.

Beomgyu are you seeing this?

"So... if you don't mind me asking, how come you've only visited this year hyung? We're also not from here but we always spend our summer break here and this is the first time we're seeing you," Taehyun questioned, tilting his head.

"Long story short, my family decided that we won't be spending my summer break in the US along with my siblings who's currently living there like we usually do because they need to take care of some things in our business." Soobin replied, hoping that it won't be too obvious that he's not telling the whole truth. He's glad that they can't see the way he's fiddling with his fingers underneath the table, a habit that he does everytime he's nervous or lying.

"Ahh. Are you already in college hyung?" Taehyun propped his chin on his hand, looking at Soobin with curiousity.

There it is, the question Soobin's been dreading to be asked about.

He took a sip from his fruit smoothie and cleared his throat before answering, "I'm gonna be starting my first year in college this September."

"In what college? Yeonjun hyung here is already in his second year in SNU," Kai piped up, a bright grin gracing his features.

"SNU?" Soobin perked up upon hearing that.

Kai nodded and lightly giggled, "Yep, it may not look like it but Jun hyung's actually really smart."

"I don't know if that's supposed to be a compliment or an insult but thanks, Kai." Yeonjun ruffled the younger's hair, laughing at his annoyed expression.

Kai playfully sticked his tongue out at his hyung who did the same back. They act like they're the same age when in fact, Yeonjun's three years older than Kai and Taehyun.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes at the younger before running his fingers through his hair, "And yes it's true, my mother couldn't contain her emotions and just bursted crying when I passed. Half because of happiness and half because her favorite son's gonna be leaving for Seoul."

"That's because you're her only child."

"Shut up, Kai."

Soobin couldn't help but feel envious hearing the way Yeonjun's mother shows her affection to her son. Soobin was never that close to his mother, she occasionally checks on Soobin whether or not he's doing great at school and that's about it.

What he would do to be able to have the same kind of interaction Yeonjun and his mother had at the kitchen earlier.

"Anyways, have you been around the island already hyung?"

Soobin shook his head at Taehyun, "Not yet since I've just arrived here yesterday."

"Don't worry hyung, you'll definitely enjoy your time here. There's actually plenty of things to do around here and you won't get bored easily. We could show you around the village sometimes." Taehyun flashed him a toothy smile.

"Yeah that'll be great," Soobin replied, relieved that the subject was changed.

He can always say that he's busy if they really did decided to tour him around. Soobin has forgotten how socializing is so tiring for him and how it seems to drain his almost non-existing energy.

"Oh oh! You should join us later hyung, we'll be hanging out with---"

"Calm down, Kai, don't overwhelm the guy," Yeonjun chuckled at the younger boy's excitement. It's because they really don't get to meet a lot of people their age around the island so the fact that Soobin's with them right now just excites Kai. "But I do agree that you should go with us later. It's really nothing big, just a chill hangout with our other friends here in the village."

Soobin's trying to think of something to excuse himself with but somehow, he can't think of any. Well, even if he did think of a reason --- he has a feeling that his grandma's gonna find out about how he was invited somehow and make him go anyways.

"I can't-- Uh, I mean y-yeah, I'll be there," Soobin croaked out and he almost facepalms himself because of it. He regretted the words as soon as it left his mouth.

"Great! We'll pick you up around five?" Yeonjun beamed at him.

"Okay."

Way to go Soobin. Your anti-social self is very proud of you.

-----

[ i'm not sure if there are people that are reading my story but my reads are going up so thank you all so much!♡ to those who have clicked the 'read' button, please vote and comment! it would mean a lot to me! :)) ]