six.

❏- Chapter Six
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Choi "The Best Friend" Beomgyu

Soobin is leaning against the window while sitting, feeling the roof with his exposed legs.

He fixed his gaze on the sleeping pill bottle in his possession. Without knowing whether or not he actually packed it there, he unintentionally discovered it inside his suitcase. The last time he took one was two months ago, and the bottle is still halfway full.

Soobin tried to recall the last time he had one. Before he even started taking the pills, he was aware that doing so would not be helpful to him. However, he has no choice because it's the only thing he can think of that might put him to sleep.

He is aware that he has insomnia, but he has never bothered to talk to a professional about it, instead opting to simply buy some over-the-counter sleeping pills.

In a way, it did help him fall asleep, but the pills left him feeling extremely sleepy in the mornings.

His best friend, Beomgyu, noticed his consistent morning drowsiness right away. You really can't keep anything from that boy. With that ability of his, he might as well be a detective or something similar because he will still find you even if you are hiding in a country that is the furthest away from Korea.

One day Beomgyu approached him and began questioning him about it. Of course, Soobin attempted to lie about it, but Beomgyu is simply too observant to miss it before Soobin could even finish.

So, Soobin told Beomgyu everything about his sleeping problems.

When it started.

Why he thought it started.

The sleeping pills.

Everything. Not missing a single detail.

Beomgyu reacted exactly as he had expected. Beomgyu hit Soobin in the head with such force that it hurt like he was several feet taller than him despite being shorter and having a smaller build. Even though it was extremely painful, Soobin knew he deserved it.

Beomgyu gave him a long-winded lecture about which he could write a book. Because of his "words of wisdom", Beomgyu has occasionally led Soobin to believe that he is actually a hundred-year-old man trapped in a twenty-year-old body.

Soobin unexpectedly laughed during one of Beomgyu's infamous lectures, leading the other to believe that he was not taking the matter seriously.

But in actuality, Soobin's heart is always warmed by listening to Beomgyu's lengthy lectures. It's because it constantly serves as a reminder that someone still cares about him.

His parents never cared about him the same way Beomgyu does. It's like his parents only gives him the time of their day when he fails an exam or when he gets a low grade. They care about his grades way too much, they even got him a personal tutor to make sure that he will not slack off. Even letting them study until midnight for the sake of his grades.

Soobin thinks that it's one of the many reasons why he started having troubles falling asleep.

At first, he would simply wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble falling back to sleep. Then, things got worse; he discovered that he was unable to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time and would instead sit in his bedroom and stare at the ceiling until the sun appeared in the sky to take the place of the moon and stars.

His parents won't even listen to him, so he never considered telling them about it. They'll probably just say he's making it up to get him to stop feeling under pressure to do well in school and raise his GPA before the dreaded CSAT, the college entrance exam, which determines whether or not he gets into a particular school.